We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

We are thinking of staying at the Chong Fah next year, we usually stay South Khoa Lak but are opting to try something new next year.

We have been coming to this area now for 5years BUT we thought we may just see how life is in this area. We have only seen pictues over the net of Chong Fah, looks nice right on the beach.

So if anyone who may have stayed there or knows of Chong Fah please let us know.

We usually always end up coming into Bang Niang or Khoa lak Town at night, this is why we have decided that maybe we would like to have our holiday there.

LushDaz

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Hey Lush...If you haven't already,Why not try typing in Chong Fah Resort reviews in the search box at the top left of the page.....!!??....

I always check the reviews of certain resorts I wish to stay in....Hope this helps...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Hi LushDaz,

The Chong Fah is an excellent small resort with a fabulous location directly overlooking Bang Niang Beach and within easy walking distance of restaurants, bars and shops. It is extremely popular with return visitors so in High Season you need to book early. Restaurant is very good, with various "theme" dinners and wonderful Happy Hour cocktails at Sunset. We stay just around the corner and it is our favourite sunset spot and occasional dinners. Spent New Year's Eve there last year for Gala Dinner - excellent!

The beach front bungalows are especially good but, obviously, pricier than rest of the accommodation. Pics of general area including sunset at the Chong Fah at https:/…

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Hi lushdaz,

We treated ourselves to 3 nights in a Beach Front bungalow at the Chong Fah in August 2010. I think we paid about A$120 a night which was extremely good value, though it was low season. Wonderful boutique resort in a great location and has all those little extras you pay a bit more for. The spa and massive inside shower are great. Sitting at the front of your bungalow with nothing but the ocean facing you is fantastic. Breakfast is a little more individual than some buffet breakfasts.

Probably a bit expensive for us in high season, but we would throughly recommend the Chong fah.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Thanks guys, its done and dusted we are staying at Chong Fah beach front villa, I think we will love this boutique resort. It was just a matter of taking that first big step for a change and I dont think we will regret it.

We are now looking forward to our 6th year (maybe we should just retire there) ha ha

Thanks again :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Great choice.

Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

I have just booked for Chong Fah for october for 5 nights! cant wait.. unfortunately all the bungalows were booked out for the dates we wanted but I am more than happy with the look of the other rooms :)

Chelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
7. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Enjoy Chelle, and please let us know how you go. We are so excited now that we have booked, just have our Tassie / Melbourne trip at Christmas / New Year, then we will be on the down hill run :)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Hi all,

Can someone please direct me to the Chong Fah Resort's page on TripAdvisor, I have just returned and am very keen to leave comments but I cant locate it? For those of you have booked, congratulations - I have literally arrived back this morning after 14 nights for my honeymoon, and it could not have been a more perfect resort and setting (we splurged a bit on a beach front bungalow, they are simply stunning, but I suspect all rooms will be the same). I defy anybody in their right mind to give it less than full marks. You are going to love it!

Would appreciate any help with the link as I really want to add my glowing report, they really deserve it and there's no way thats the last time I'll visit.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

Hi,

So glad you enjoyed your honeymoon in the Chong Fah in Khao Lak.

Here is a link to the review to add yours. For reasons best known to themselves and despite numerous pleas from myself to correct this and other incorrect listings, the Chong Fah is shown under Takua Pa which is the district town for Khao lak in Phang Nga province but obviously not the correct tourism destination. Hopefully they will correct it and others soon to prevent others, like yourself, being confused.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g612391-d116707…

Perhaps you could include at the beginning of your review words to the effect. "Please note this super resort is actually in Khao Lak not Takua Pa where it is incorrectly listed" so as to draw it to the attention of TA when they review your review.

Edited: 17 June 2011, 21:03
10. Re: Chong Fah Beach Resort Bang Niang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:49