We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport and costs from KL to Krabi then Phuket

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport and costs from KL to Krabi then Phuket

After a 7 day stay at Nang Thong. I want to travel to Ao Nang for a few days before heading south to Phuket. (Kata or Patong) What are the options and costs for the 2 legs of this journey.

Are there comfy (aircon) buses or vans that are significantly cheaper than a taxi and don't take up too much extra time?

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Phuket Kata Resort
Phuket Kata Resort
220 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport and costs from KL to Krabi then Phuket

Hi,

I have used the shared mini vans from Khao Lak to Krabi which will pick you up at Nang Thong from your hotel / resort and take you door to door price around 430 B per person. Taxi around 2200 B. to 2500

There is no direct bus or coach service to Krabi from Khao Lak.

You can also catch the bus going south to Phuket and get off at Khuk Kloy, which is about 90 minutes and is just northj of Phuket Island where the highway branches to Phang Nga and then catch a bus there, either direct to Krabi or change at Phang Nga City., probably another 2 hours. There is no direct service . I do not know the cost .

Alternatively you can catch a bus north from Khao Lak to the main bus station at Takua Pa, about 20km and 30-45 minutes. Then catch a bus from there to Krabi, a good 3 hours from there I would think.

Here is a link Krabi to Phuket

http://www.1stopkrabi.com/getting_here/bus

I have only used a taxi for this 3000B to Kata I use Mr Sam email

siam_intouch@yahoo.com

You would be able to use the bus service or shared mini van easily booked in the resorts. I do not know the cost of this Krabi To Phuket by shared van or public bus. 3 hours to Phuket.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport and costs from KL to Krabi then Phuket

Thanks Julie. This is very helpful

Tom

3. Re: Transport and costs from KL to Krabi then Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 10:46