We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangsak village

dudley west midland
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
bangsak village

Hi everyone, could anyone tell me were bangsak village is, and what it is like ? many thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: bangsak village

This is a fairly new very nice small bungalow resort on Bang Sak Beach just north of the Royal Bangsak Beach Resort. Just to the south is Kai's Family Seafood beach restaurant (closes May to October) and 10 minutes to north is the Bangsak Promenade which has a handful of restaurants overlooking the beach. Otherwise it is a taxi or shutle to the main townships of Bang Niang (15 mins) and 20 mins to Bang la On (20 mins).

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: bangsak village

Ahh yes..!!...I remember those little restaurants on the Bang Sak beachfront...Well across the road/beachfront......

We ordered lunch at the restaurant and they asked us if we would like to dine across the road in their little gazebos directly on the beachfront.....Of course we said yes and what a great little dining experience.....They crossed over the road and brought our meals and drinks to us.....Really cute....!!.....

We stayed there for ages just soaking it all up....!!

dudley west midland
Level Contributor
61 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: bangsak village

Hi , thanks for the reply, we normaly stop at Le Meridien although we did try Kantary beach this year. How far do you think it is walking along the beach from these. I take it , it is not in the same league as the Le Meridien then.

The weather in England as be fine and dry for the last week, hoorey lovely springtime.

Thanks again

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: bangsak village

The bangsak Village is not same kind of resort as Le M. It is a very nice small bungalow resort as you can see from its website at http://www.bangsakvillage.com/location.html

From Le M assuming you can wade across the creek just up past Ma Ma Lek's that separates Pak Weeb Beach from Bangsak Beach (not recommended after dark!) it is probably a 30 minute walk.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
5. Re: bangsak village

Hi Lyn,

When I walked up that way this year it took me 40 minutes to Bangsak Village. I will send you an email .

Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: bangsak village

Hi Julie

I presume that was from the Kantary which would confirm my estimate of 30 mins from Le M. Any useful information you could post on the open forum might prove useful toothers.

hong kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: bangsak village

Hi,

Can anyone give feedback on what they think of Bangsak Village? We are thinking of staying there at xmas due to the fact that they don't allow children under 13 at the hotel. This was a HUGE selling point for us.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: bangsak village

The Bangsak (bungalow) Village is one of (currently) three resorts on Bang Sak Beach. It is about 500 metres north of the Royal Bang Sak Beach Resort and 800 metres south of the Haadson Resort which is located on the Bang Sak Promenade where there are a handful of restaurants. In between the Bangsak Village and the Royal Bang Sak is Kai's Family Restaurant, a simple beach restaurant serving excellent food. Other than that you can walk further south across the creek (can get quite deep at high tide) onto Pak Weeb Beach towards Le Meridien where you will find other restaurants, including the excellent Ma Ma & Mr.Lek's. There are no shops in the vicinity.

Other than that it is a shuttle or taxi into Bang Niang (15 mins) or Bang La On (20 mins) for most restaurants, bars and shops.

A lovely but fairly remote location.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: bangsak village

So why is BangSak beach not recommended after dark?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: bangsak village

It is not so much the beach that is dangerous, it is the creek that separates Bang Sak Beach and Pak Weeb Beach that becomes deep and fast flowing particularly at high tide and there are lots of rocks to get injured on especially if you are coming back from one of the restaurants on Pak Weeb Beach after a few drinks.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak