We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls info

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfalls info

Hello Allan

I will be arriving in khao lak in 12 days and during our stay we would like to visit the water falls .Could you give me any info on which ones are in the area and where I could get a map giving directions,or are they well sign posted along the highway .

Also we will be staying at the Andamania and I believe not much in the way of bars and places to eat in the area. Can you clarify though that if we walk up the beach left or right I will find some beach bars ?

Mentioned in this post
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
229 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfalls info

There are a number of waterfalls in and around and on the way to Khao Lak. This is a useful link to their location. khaolak.net/activities/khaolak-hiking-waterf…

Normally at this time of year there wouldn't be much water in them but after the recent abnormal rains they should still be pretty full. Please take care if you decide to climb to higher levels as the tracks become quite treacherous.

If you turn left from the Andamania there is a small beach bar on the point overlooking the creek separating the next part of the beach leading to the Orchid Beach Resort and beyond that the Sunset Bar & Restaurant. Take care if crossing this creek (not recommended after dark) as it gets full and fast depending on tides.

Turn right from the Andamania and you will reach the J W Marriott where there are several restaurants, bars and massage places on either side. Those that won't have closed for the Season (usually at the end of April) stay open for dinner too in the evening. Ma Ma Greetings (the furthest one) and Tewson being particularly recommended.

2. Re: Waterfalls info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak