We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floods in Khao Lak???

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Floods in Khao Lak???

Hi, I read of all the floods in Phuket. This Saturday 2 April I will travel with my husband and 4 year old daughter from Singapore to Khao Lak. I'm a bit concerned. How is the weather over there? Are there floods in that area? Would you advise me to go or to stay in warm and dry Singapore?

Please help me out because I cannot decide what to do.

Karin

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floods in Khao Lak???

Hi Karin,

This is my reply to your other similar post:

If you read the other threads on this forum that have chronicled the progress on weather conditions in Khao Lak and in similar threads on the Phuket forums you should be reassured that the rain has eased here in Khao Lak (same in Phuket) and that the forecast is that better will start to return from tomorrow.

Thankfully conditions in Khao Lak have not been anywhere near as severe as in other areas where there has sadly been loss of life and property. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by these tragedies. Whilst, as is usually the case, water has pooled at the highway side and on side roads there are no flood conditions and when the rain stops the water soon dries up.

Only you can decide whether to continue with your holiday or not.

2. Re: Floods in Khao Lak???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak