We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao lak - beachfront family accommodation

melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Khao lak - beachfront family accommodation

Hi I am trying to find a place to stay in Khao lak that is central and near restaurants and that has good family accommodation with a beach view, preferably a villa or bungalow. We are going in May in the green season and my budget is 4500 bhat a night. Would like a smallish place as are staying 6 nights at the end of our time in Khao Lak with friends at Le Meridien so would like somewhere more low key and small for the first part of the holiday and not as expensive too.

Thanks

Steph

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,500 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao lak - beachfront family accommodation

Hi Steph,

For bungalow accommodation direct beachfront, have a look at the Nang Thong Bay and Nang Thong Beach Resorts (sometimes referred to and listed as Nang Thong Bay Resorts 1 and 2). Also near these resorts on Nang Thong Beach (which is just down the road from the main township of Bang La On) is the Baan Khao Lak and Laguna Resort, both of which have beachfront bungalows. The Laguna has best family facilities.

10 minutes up the road on Bang Niang Beach, there is the 4* La Flora and next door the excellent 4* Ramada (great special offer brought to my attention by a fellow Aussie at http://www.travelzoo.com/au/ at Ramada through to August) or if you want a very good local bungalow resort with good family accommodation at a more affordable price, I can personally recommend the Cousin Resort where we are currently staying and regularly return to.

Mentioned in this post
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
307 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
73 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,142 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
2. Re: Khao lak - beachfront family accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:47