We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

German military helmet

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
German military helmet

I am returning to Khao Lak in May and was wondering if anybody knows if they have seen German style military helmets in any of the shops or markets around Khao Lak...??....

I have seen them in various markets in Patong and Karon....but can't remembering seeing them in Khao Lak...??..

A place and perhaps a price of helmet who supplies this item would be much appreciated.....

Doesn't matter if they're matt black color or camo or whatever...!!

These helmets are a toughened plastic type,not steel....

Thanks....!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: German military helmet

Do you mean the type some bikers wear? If so, go to the Bavarian House Restairant on Bang Niang Beach Road (formerly Jane Isan Restaurant from near Mo Moo's) and ask for Tom. He is a member of local Biker's Chapter and should be able to tell you where to get one from. I'll ask him next time we3 are in there.

Even though many German tourists and ex-pats in Khao Lak, I've never seen one of these in any of the local shops.

I've got a Burmese pith helmet!!! LOL

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: German military helmet

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....!!!....A Burmese pith helmet...??...What tha...??...

Sounds like a helmet one might need if one has a few too many....LOL

Thanks A...!!...I am not after the genuine German military steel helmet(squarehead)....Just the one or type bikers usually wear as you say.....Made of reinforced plastic of sorts....

I will ride to the Bavarian House as we are pretty close anyway staying at Khao Lak Riverside.....And ask for Tom....

I don't remember seeing any at Bang Niang markets..??...However,I might have at the corner shop across from 711 leading down to Khuk Khak markets...They have lots of odds and ends in there...

Hope WA is treating you well....!!....Thanks A....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: German military helmet

Hi Cliff,

Back from a super holiday in WA nearly a week now and wish we were enjoying the weather here in Khao Lak we were enjoying in Perth when we left. The pattern here is sunny mornings (if you're lucky!) clouding over lunchtime followed by thunderstormss with heavy rain in afternoon/early evening but with some spectacular sunsets in between.

Now you know why I need the pith helmet!

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: German military helmet

yeah Coco

A surfing helmet.........I get it !!

Now I can really recognize you on biang Niang "TUBES"

Specz

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
5. Re: German military helmet

buy a colander from the market, and some elastic to secure it onto your head

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: German military helmet

Now Specz...You really don't think I'll be wearing a german helmet while I'm surfing....Do ya...??...LOL....

Mmmm...Surf Nazi...!!??...

Be great to meet up with you guys tho'.....!!

Andy...you're not too far wrong with the colander and I would probably get away with wearing it on a bike too....Most helmets over there are nothing but plastic ice cream buckets with a strap anyways....

Alan...I didn't realise you were heading back to Khao Lak after WA...??...Don't spose there's a change of plans and you'll be there in May...??...Only 5-6 weeks...!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: German military helmet

You can get too much of a good thing. We'll be back home on 19th April after 4 nights in the other KL.

8. Re: German military helmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:51