We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

We are planning a trip to Khao Lak this year and are sold on the Ramada hotel, we are now struggling to decide on booking the Ocean front villa or Pool Villa?

The pool villa has private pool and more expensive, but the Ocean villa has amazing views of sea.

We don't mind paying extra for the pool villa. We have come across many fab reviews for the Ocean villas but not so much said about Pool villas.

Has anyone been there or stayed in either room to give us advice on which to go for??

Many Thanks

Sarah x

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Preston, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Hi Sarah

Just returned from our stay at the Ramada where we actually stayed in both rooms.

We had booked our two week stay in a Ocean front villa but on arrival we where told we had been "upgraded" to a Pool villa for two nights,the reason being that they had double booked our Ocean front Villa.

The Pool Villa's are very nice and modern, they only opened in November 2010.

The facilities in the bathroom and bedroom are excellent and the pool area complete with shower and two sunbeds is great.

But we felt that the Pool Villa had two big drawbacks,

1st you are surrouned by a large wall that makes it almost prison like with no view.

2nd in the afternoon because of this wall you get very little wind and it becomes very hot.

The Ocean Villa's on the other hand are older and have a somewhat quirky bathroom arrangement but other wise are virtually identical.

The Ocean Villa's have there own patio looking out to sea and you actually feel like you are on holiday and would be my choice if we stayed again.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Wow thank you so much for your reply! Your definately the best person to know since you've stayed in both. Well Im sold on the Ocean Villa then!

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

To add to that, the reason you have not read alot regarding the pool villas is that they have only just opened this season.

The Ocean Front villas are my favourite along the whole of Bang Niang beach and Ramada is an excellent choice for your holiday.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

hi I woll go there in july,I have some question..

how many distance from the hotel to the restaurants?walking or taxi?price of taxi?

i would like to know also how long is of bang la on becaise i want to exchange there my money

thank you

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

It depends which restaurants remain open in July. The ones to the left of the Ramada on the beach may stay open and are 5 mutes away. Others to the right overlooking the beach are about 10 minutes and there are others 5 - 15 minutes away on the beach road alnd leading up to the highway where you will find oers, like the Khao Nia, the Takieng and the Hill Tribes open,

Bang La On is 10 minutes from the Ramada by taxi if you want a bank. There is a Siam or Bangkok Bang ATM on the Beach Road not far from the Ramada.

Mentioned in this post
The Siam
The Siam
747 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Hmm we got "upgraded" to the pool room too - and kicked up a fuss because of the same reasons- lovely for a honeymoon couple who don't want to come out of their room but almost claustrophobic for me.

There are 4 at the moment under renovation but still we were able to book and confirm our ocean view rooms and were not told of their unavailability untill we arrived. My parents are still in a pool room as I type this and they are not very happy about it.

Seems the Ramada has an 'over booking' policy on these rooms and it would be well worth while confirming before you arrive that you will actually get what you booked.

Other than that the resort is wonderful - facilities excellent and the reservations manager "Kate" aka Palin is a sweetheart.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Hmm we got "upgraded" to the pool room too - and kicked up a fuss because of the same reasons- lovely for a honeymoon couple who don't want to come out of their room but almost claustrophobic for me.

There are 4 at the moment under renovation but still we were able to book and confirm our ocean view rooms and were not told of their unavailability untill we arrived. My parents are still in a pool room as I type this and they are not very happy about it.

Seems the Ramada has an 'over booking' policy on these rooms and it would be well worth while confirming before you arrive that you will actually get what you booked.

Other than that the resort is wonderful - facilities excellent and the reservations manager "Kate" aka Palin is a sweetheart.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

We were lucky enough to also experience both villas & take advantage of a very attractive package..

The renovations were just commencing when we there in May.

Didnt concern us, we enjoyed staying in both types of villas & enjoyed the excellent hospitality provided.

Personally I would prefer the beach villa when the weather & beach conditions are at their best.

Otherwise do yourself a favour and enjoy what Ramada offers, just make sure you monitor the off season packages etc..

Specz

melbourne
Level Contributor
301 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Hi.

We arrived at Ramada- to a Pool Villa yesterday.

We specifically booked it. We love private pool villas and this one hasn't disappointed us. And we're definately not Honeymooners.

Happy Hour has been extended to 6 hours and also free afternoon tea due to reno's at Sassi's. None of the reno's have bothered us.

Bang Niang is very, very quiet but has enough open to suffice.

Weather has been very windy and wet. Overcast now.

Nat

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramada Hotel -Ocean Villa or Pool Villa??

Hi Nat

keep us posted on your stay,

love the happy hours.. what a way to while away a wet and windy arvo..

cheers

Procol

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak