We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

Hangzhou, China
4 posts
How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

The bus from Southern Bus Destinations (Sai Tai Mai Terminal) is to Phang Nga without stopping at Khao Lak? The last bus time?

Is there the direct bus from bangkok to khao lak?

thx advance

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
1. Re: How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

Why don't you take a cheap flight to Phuket and get a road transfer from there? Going all the way by bus is going to be very long and very tiring.

Hangzhou, China
4 posts
2. Re: How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

plan to arrive in bangkok at 4:10 PM,April 2nd,if I chose to flight the same day,maybe late to get to the hotel(JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa).The price from phuket airport to my hotel is over THB1700, I'm also not sure the driver be willing to Khao Lak so late。

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

Boss at Cheaper than Hotel Taxis charges 1000 bahr from Phuket Airport to Khao Lak no matter what time. Contact him on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

The bus from BKK to Khok Kloy stops passes through Khao Lak and will stop anywhere on the main road.

JW Marriot has late check-in time, just let them know when you will arrive. If you take the bus you will be in Khao Lak around 6am and can't check in until the early afternoon.

5. Re: How can I get to Khao Lak from Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 15:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak