We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada rooms..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada rooms..

Hi Guys

am currently looking at booking rooms at the ramada for oct this year.. we are looking at the Deluxe Oasis or deluxe Lanai rooms.. a few questions for those that many have stayed here...

is the only difference between the two that the oasis are on the 2 & 3rd floors and have a 10sq balcony and that the Lanai are on the ground with a 23sq terrace? is the actual room the same?

I notice from the map of the hotel there are a few different blocks... do you have any suggestions of a better block? or are they all pretty much same same but different? :)

thanks

Chelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada rooms..

Yes, Chelle, you are correct. Some have different style bathtubs though either wooden or ceramic.

These are all in the original main block that are on the left and either side of Reception/main restaurant.

The new block to the right of Reception looking grom the beach are Deluxe Jacuzzi Rooms which are more luxurious and more expensive. There are also now luxury villas with private pool in fron of this block.

Pics of Ramada taken between Dec 2010 and Feb 2011 at https://picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/Ramada…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada rooms..

Thanks for the info and the pics Arandora :)

we have 3 in our group and these are the only rooms we can have triple share with 3 beds.. I looked at some of the others but unable to book... I am currently torn between the ramada and chong fah... both have great reviews and both are around the same price and location seems to be much or a muchness... might have to flip a coin?? any further info in trying to make my decision is greatly appreciated :)

thanks

Chelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada rooms..

The Chong fah is also an excellent resort but mumch smaller and with less facilities than the Ramada. The beachfront villas have excellent views but other than those I think the Ramada's have the edge.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada rooms..

Thanks for your help... looks like Ramada is the winner :) now if it would just hurry up and be October!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada rooms..

Hey Chelle

you will be pleased to know that Graceland is building north of Khao Lak just in time for your 2012 visit LOL i know how you love it there ;-)

you will love Ramada good choice and location, count down on

talk soon

Mossy :-)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Phuket Graceland Resort...
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada rooms..

LOL mossy you make me laugh!!

funny I am sitting here on a sat night doing a little holiday research and just came across that news... said to myself.. yeah nah! lol

Still keen on Chong Fah too! and then someone else just suggested spending time in Krabi.. I am all over the shop now.. just dont know what to do with myself... if only I had more time.. and money... :)

Catch ya!

Chelle

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada rooms..

hi Chelle

Krabi nice too but beaches not as nice as Khao Lak, (IMO) more shopping like in Phuket,maybe do that next year!!,

Khao lak nice to relax as you have planned,

or Phuket as planned, Khao Lak few days and Krabi few days fly home from Krabi (Air Asia) decisions! decisions!

Chong Fah looks very nice but think Ramada will be better

where ever you are you can have your wine, cheese & bickies on the balcony and can't beat Khao Lak sunset for that one :-))

happy planning

ps: so i take it you wont be booking at Graceland LOL :-))

Edited: 05 March 2011, 21:17
Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramada rooms..

I am thinking I am sticking with CM, Phuket then Khao Lak... we will do shopping in Phuket... and all we want to do for the 5 nights is eat drink and relax.. thats why we want a nice resort as we will prob spend a bit of time there... Chong Fah is appealing as it looks gorgeous.. has great reviews.. is small in size and doesnt cater for kiddies :) so should be very relaxing and we can still wander up to the Ramadas beach bar ect... tho Ramada looks really nice too.. awesome reviews.. nice pool.. and good facilities.... see my dilema? lol

I am travelling this time with two of my good wine cheese and biscuit girls.. so this will be happening on the balcony :) oh and a cocktail or two watching the sunset on the beach... and you know me.. I will find a banana pancake or two .. hey I have to compare to Phuket and Chaing Mai pancakes.. research really!!

Cheers

Chelle

p.s. after much , well a few seconds , considersation.. no I will not be staying at gracelands... I think our friendship is well and truely dissolved! lol

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramada rooms..

Hi again Chelle

it sounds as if you might like Chong Fah, mainly beacuse its a smaller resort than Ramada, and nice peaceful pools for relaxing, on the beach so good for sunset cocktails, cheese and bikkies ;-)

it is a hard choice because Ramada is lovely too, but knowing how much you love Banthai maybe Chong Fah is more of the same style resort that you like...

just remember i am in Khao Lak before you too, so first in for the banana pancakes here too LOL :-)))

they were very good at the Saturday markets....mmmm!! would love one right now ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Banthai Beach Resort & Spa
Banthai Beach Resort...
2,454 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramada rooms..

Chelle .....just to add to my last post

here is a link to a map of Bang Niang where Ramada and Chong Fah are located... many thanks to Arandora for the link, it's a great map

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k39…

If you need more info on that area Arandora will help you he is a wealth of information and knowlegde of Khao Lak

happy planning for your resort and i'm sure you will love KL just as we all do, we can't wait to go back there in Sept :-)

hopefully we will catch up one of these days (maybe early 2012...NOT at Graceland LOL) :-))

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
3,083 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak