We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

Hamilton, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

We are travelling to Khao Lak Christmas 2011 and would love to have any recommendations for beach front accommodation in the area. Preferably Bang Niang but in any other area where there are restaurants etc as well. We're probably looking for something 3-4 star. Any other beach recommendations in the area would be appreciated too.

Thanks in anticipation

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

It it quite difficult to recommend places for you without knowing what you budget is. Could you please post it? Then I can help you out a bit more.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

In Bang Niang 5* New Casa de la Flora, 4* Ramada, La Flora and Mukdara; 3* Chong Fah, Ayara Villas; Other beachfront Sita Gardens, Fanarai Beach and Shambhala Resort. 3* FX and Sudala Beach one road back from beach.

see http://www.khaolaklovers.com/

and http://khaolak.de/khaolakbeach/home.htm

for more infomation.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
572 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sudala Beach Resort
Sudala Beach Resort
116 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

Christmas is peak time so prices are very high but there are lots of beachfront resorts of all budgets

we stayed at Khao Lak Merlin resort which is the south end of KL and although it is 10 min by taxi (not walking distance) into the main township there are still lots of dining, little bars and a few shops, money exchange etc just outside the resort and the beach is lovely too, the pool access rooms are great

have a look on thebeachfrontclub.com/beach-hotels/…thailand

you will get an idea of the beachfront ones in KL, the one's that are 'true' beachfront

Mentioned in this post
Khaolak Merlin Resort
Khaolak Merlin Resort
1,045 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

Mossy043

Some very unfamiliar beach names in that link. And " the one's that are 'true' beachfront" as opposed to which ones that are not??? :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

Arandora

Agree....yes there are a few unfamiiar beach names, i noticed that too,

Coco beach???? never heard of that one before think it's meant to be Bangsak beach going by the resorts that are on it

Khao Lak North beach? = Sunset beach

Kheuk Khak beach? a spelling mistake i think? Khuk Khak beach

It is a new website so i suppose they are still getting it all together, i did

e-mail and mention a couple of things that need correcting (as they have asked us to do)

They show only True or Total beachfont resorts only, (which is most of Khao Lak resorts) the one's that are on the beach or direct beach access, not one's that are set back, seperated by a road but have sea views etc!! but i have noticed that not all the beachfront resorts of Khao Lak are on there either?

I thought it looked like a nice website and a good idea for someone to be doing, the maps are pretty good on there though outlining the perimiters of the resorts and some nice photo's too, :-)

Mentioned in this post
Bangsak Beach
Bangsak Beach
92 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,141 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Abbotsford,BC
Level Contributor
118 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

We stayed at Baan Krating boutique resort last year.Loved it! It's located across from Khao Lak Lum Rue National Park. Transportation into the center of town was cheap and only took 5 minutes.

Each Villa sits on stilts overlooking the Beach.Some have Ocean views.Ask for A.C 18 at the very end.Stunning view, modern with authentic Thai charm. Breakfast buffet was included & there is an infinity pool however we were too busy to try it out...it did look tempting.

Good luck..... We are heading back to Thailand in 14 days...:)

www.baankrating.com

Mentioned in this post
Baan Krating Khao Lak
Baan Krating Khao Lak
199 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

mossy,

It's very ambitious for a new website to be first of all created and then maintained that purports to show all true beachfront accommodation throughout the world. This is especially true with the increasingly changing face of accommodation in Khao Lak. With all good intentions omissions and misleading descriptions or narrative (often pre Tsunami) tend to confuse rather than help would be visitors.

Khuek Khak though is fine though as very often a place will have several variations of its Thai name, Pak Weeb, Pak wib, Pakweeb, being another example. Confusingly one name may appear on the first direction sign, then another on the next and a third on the next. You might think whether you are still going to the same place! LOL

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bangkok
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

Khao Lak folks,

Yes, as stated, The Beachfront Club's listings of all 'true beachfront' hotels of the world is indeed ambitious, and we will need help from the beach-lover community to get it all right.

However our Thailand (and Khao Lak) info, is pretty accurate. I walked virtually all Thai beaches with beachfront accommodations myself. Note that nearly all Thai hotels already have photos. The only hotels that are 'missing' in Khao Lak are ones with a road cutting through the property, putting the majority of their rooms away from the beach (a few in Bang Niang Beach).

The spelling of all of our beach names in Thailand is pretty accurate, though not always the same as seen in other maps where there are many variations. These are my personal transliterations from the Thai script - for yes, I speak and read Thai. We always use the Thai names, not tourist names, thus 'Sunset' beach is Khao Lak North (correct) on our maps.

As noted, the speed of change on the beaches will make our job of remaining up-to-date difficult, so we certainly welcome notification when we have mistakes or are out-of-date..

Thanks,

John Everingham

founder

The Beachfront Club

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

John,

With the rate of development going on at the moment in Khao Lak I think you will need to revisit and do a few more walks to update your site. As for beach names, I don't really understand why you use names that are NOT tourist name in a website that mostly tourists will view. Having been to Khao Lak now for several years and spending 5 months of the year here away from the UK Winter, I have yet to see or hear, for instance, anyone refer to Sunset Beach as Khao Lak (North) Beach and Bangsak Beach is very rarely, if at all, referred to as Coco Beach.

I will contact you with a few other suggested amendments/additions for resorts through your website.

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,141 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bangsak Beach
Bangsak Beach
92 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach front accommodation- Khao Lak

For information for other TA members, these are also beachfront resorts:

On Pakarang Beach, which is a separate beach, just north of Khuk Khak Beach. The absolute beachfront resorts on this beach are the Apsaras Beach Resort, the South Sea Island Resort and the Toklaburi Resort.

On Bang Niang Beach there is also Ayara Villas (non- beach front as well but still aabsolute beachfront accommodation), the new Casa de la Flora and Sita Gardens.

On Nang Thong Beach, the Lah-Own Khao Lak Resort, the Khao Lak Andaman Beach Resort, Nang Thong Bay Resort (or Nang Thong Bay Resort 1) and Nang Thong Beach Resort (or Nang Thong Bay Resort 2), the Seaview Resort and Suwan Palm Resort.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand