We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the sarojin

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
the sarojin

I recently did a review of this hotel and have now added pictures of the room. Best avoided at all costs

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: the sarojin

As with all hotel reviews not every one gives glowing reports, even to a resort that was awarded the accolade of being "Best Hotel in Thailand 2010". I'm sure anyone looking at the reviews of the Sarojin will take into account all reviews, particularly recent ones and in this case also the Management Response.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the Sarojin. Did you go elsewhere in Khao Lak? If so how did you find that?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
167 reviews
2. Re: the sarojin

"best avoided" at all costs is YOUR OPINION based on your experience. In my opinion based on my experience which is equally as valid as yours, this is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in. Highly recommended

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: the sarojin

Of course this is a personal opinion and based upon my visit.

Im not sure which rooms you stopped in but if you look at the pictures posted they are a harsh variance to the ones on the website; i doubt that such a room would be acceptable to anyone who is looking for 5 star accomodation.

The hotel was made aware of the problem, i received no communication until the morning via the general manager who agreed it was not good enough- they did not refund my money though!

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: the sarojin

The management response was not correct.

I I made it clear all was not well when i was checked into the room early afternoon.

I used the Sarajin bus to go into town and had no response until the morning with avery apologetic general manager who agreed it was not good enough and everyone was very sorry.

I left and paid again to stop at the jw marriot down the road, which although alarge resort did offer quality, clean and dampfree rooms that befit a hotel at this price level.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
167 reviews
5. Re: the sarojin

I have no reason to doubt your experience and if as you said the hotel was made aware of the situation when you checked into your room, then the managements response to your review is to say the least disingeneous. Perhaps the hotel needs to ask why a guest after paying a lot of money for a 5 night stay would walk out knowing that money was not recoverable. The fact that the hotel expressed no regret at a customers disappointment (no matter what the reason) is strange. I loved the sarojin. I do think however their management response to your review doesnt answer your complaint either about the room you were shown or the service you received

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: the sarojin

I have looked at your 2 photos and they are of the ceiling in the shower area and can be quite misleading to some. You should have posted a photo of the entire bathroom as well as the room if you wanted to prove a point.

I have heard nothing but amazing things from the guests who have stayed in the resort.

Perhaps you have ill feelings towards it for a personal reason? Just a thought.

london
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: the sarojin

Why would i hold ill feelings for a persnal reason? this comment is madness . I paid a lot of money to stop for 4 nights in what i considered to be an exclusive 5 star resort with good reviews- I heard nothing but good reviews from this site- thats why i booked it!!

iIwill post revised pictures i have 20 of them.

When I arrived, it was a dirty damp room with damp stains down the walls in the bathroom- if one is looking for a back to nature experience this is it.

the general manager admitted they had not been as responsive as they should have been- but there were no more rooms available and I did not want to spend the remaining nights in that place and spoil my holiday.

NOTHING personal just dissapointment at poor management and quality

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: the sarojin

One of the drawbacks of the TA Review system is that it allows management to make only 1 response where complainants can then come onto the appropriate forum and refute it and make further allegations. I'm sure your comments will be taken into account by other members using this forum or the Sarojin review when considering booking there. Certainly when we had a guided tour of the resort last year we were very impressed with the rooms we were shown which showed no sign then of the kind of defects you have described.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: the sarojin

We stayed at The Sarojin in August of last year. To sum up, we had an amazing experience, not one thing to complain about. The quality and cleanliness of the rooms, grounds and pools was nothing short of perfect. The food we ate was outstanding and the staff, well, they were like no others in hotels we have stayed at.

The whole team there make an effort to mingle and engage with their guests, and we talked with many staff every day. So nice to have a conversation with local Thais to discover what a life changing experience it has been for them working in such a quality hotel.

From the fresh snacks in the room, cold towels and fruit juice on constant offer around the pool to the privacy of most of the accommodation - if you want serenity, then this is the place to go.

Notwithstanding, some guests had issues and there are no doubt legitimate reasons for their experience. For the most part, I reckon this resort deserves double thumbs up and one should not be hesitant about experiencing The Sarojin IMO!

10. Re: the sarojin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 10:57
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak