We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

Stayed here from 22nd Jan to 6th Feb.Lovely resort.

We were greeted by hotel member straight away and offered drinks whilst we checked in, then taken to our room which was described as a deluxe. It was a nice foom, typically Thai with plenty of room , a large bed and ample space for storage. The bathroom was plenty big enough and had a shower and a bath. There were opening windows from the bathroom to the bedroom in case you did not want to be parted from your loved one for a minute!

The beds were comfortable and the air con worked a treat.Tea, coffee and water were all provided as were toiletries in the bathroom. There were tiny repairs that could have been done in the bathroom, eg little bits of grout missing but this was a very minor thing and hardly worth mentioning but it was the only bad thing I could find!

The room had a balconylooking over the gardens and was a top floor of three floors, which we had requested.

We found the room to be very quiet and did not hear our neighbours or people passing the room, but we did have the air con on which always muffles other sound.

There were a few youngish children,most of them very well behaved , but the family in the next block who let their children practice their yodeling at all hours must have had very patient neighbours.

The hotel grounds were very pretty, lit up at nignt by hundreds of tiny fairy lights, it was magical.

Its not a big hotel but the small size makes it quite personal.The guests at the hotel were mostly not from the UK but this was not a problem as everyone was very pleasant and seemed to just be enjoying the peace and quiet the hotel provided.We loved the fact that apart from a couple of themed nights, there was no loud music and activities.I would say there were mostly couples staying there.

We went on the hotels' trip to Tachai island , which was fantastic. There were only 7 guests and 3 crew, who took care of us brilliantly. We had several snorkeling trips and one of the crew accompanied us in the water and kept finding interesting things for us to see, which I would propably have missed, eg a turtle and giant clams. We stayed on shore on a beautiful white beach and had plenty of time to relax. It was one of the prettiest places I have ever been.

Lunch was provided which was laid out on a table in the shade complete with linen napkins and proper cutlery, the food was fresh and our fellow passengers were very good company.

I was very pleased we had used the hotels speedboat for the trip, the other speedboat which we saw must have had 30 passengers on, and it looked to be very cramped .THey seemed to spend a long time getting passengers on and off. If you want a more personal tour I would highly recommend this, it was a bit more money than others but really I thought it was worth it.They also gave us all a cd with photos from our trip including underwater ones which was an unexpected bonus.

The hotel put on an excellent evening for Chinese new year with fireworks and floating lanterns , the staff work

very hard to make everything perfect and do so with smiles on their faces, they always stop for a chat and we found nothing was too much trouble.

The area near the hotel has plenty of shops and restaurants , walking on the beach is almost obligatory, the procession up and down is non stop, but the scene constantly changes and there are many very good beach restaurants to check out.

We took a trip to see the turtle conservation area at the Navy base. It was an interesting hour but most of the info was in Thai . It was a shame to see the rubbish in the stream running through the conservation area, a bit at odds really with the efforts of the conservators.

We also hired the bikes from the La Flora, free for the first 2 hours and cycled north just inwards from the coast.We visited temples and places we would not otherwise have seen and as the areas were mostly flat there was not too much effort involved. We attempted Chong fa waterfall on the bikes but it was further than we thought so did not quite make it but the scenery and peace were beautiful. We hope to return to Khao Lak and the La Flora and thank Arandora for his helpful posts.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

Better late than never and a great and welcome JBR. We went to the Chinese New Year celebrations at La Flora on 3rd February and enjoyed them enormously. My wife and cousin's wife though beat a hasty departure to the toilets when the Resort's Activities Manager who really is a fantastic dancer started to pick ladies from the audience to join him on stage. Imagine my and my cousin's reaction when he started to focus his attention on men!!! LOL

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

Thanks very much for your report - we are really looking forward to going to La Flora in April

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

Yes Thanks so much for a report from La Flora as we arrive in April for our first trip and are SO much looking forward to it.

Great to real some precise details from a hotel that we are staying at. The bikes sound like a great idea. We can try to make the waterfall.....

May see you there Aussieange

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

I hope you all enjoy your trip there. I will be very jealous as I will be in UK.

Hope you get to the waterfall, but its still a nice trip even if not. The Ellie trip is nice as I mentioned in an earlier post and the lady who runs the place is so interesting, she enjoys talking about her family ( the ellies!)

Never made the trip to little Amazon, it looks interesting, maybe next time.....

5. Re: La Flora Hotel Khao Lak JBR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 12:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak