We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Kantary

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
92 reviews
Restaurants near Kantary

Hi

Please can you advise if there are any restaurants open in the evening near the Kantary within walking distance - I know that someone has mentioned the Boatyard but the reports I have read have said that it closes early. We don't tend to eat until around 2030-2100, would there be anything open at that time or would be need to go into the main town?

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

hi,apart from the beach restaurants there is not much else in the area so i think the hotel shuttle or a taxi into town would be your best option.

pretty sure arandora will be along shortly (allowing for time difference)to confirm this.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

You don't say when you are staying at the Kantary but be advised that the nearby beach restaurants close during the Wet Season May to October. If it is outside this period the ones to the right on White Sand Beach might be open at your times, the Boatyard kitchen though closes at 8pm which is later than previously to cater with extra demand principally from the Kantary. Bear in mind that these restaurants do most of their business during the day and have relatively few customers arriving "on spec" in the evening so need to close earlier than those in the main townships where the pattern is reversed. Also bear in mind that leaving it late will reduce your chances of getting any remaining fresh seafood. If you want fresh tiger prawns (our favourite at the Boatyard) you need to order in advance.

Edited: 10 February 2011, 06:44
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

Thanks for this I am going in April so hopefully everything will not be closed.

Do you know approx how much a taxi will be to the main town to eat?

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
53 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

Thanks for this not much options but will help with the diet

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

I think the Kantary charges 100 baht per person each way for the shuttle which is about right for a taxi too. While there may onlty be a few restaurants, there are plenty of items on the menus to threaten rather than help your diet. LOL

6. Re: Restaurants near Kantary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak