We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving - August

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Diving - August

Can anybody tell me what the diving status is in Khoa Lak for the month of August. I belive that it is out of season for the Islands, but does that mean that there is no diving whatsoever. If there is no possibility of any diving, then we don't go, so I really need some information - please.

Happy Hols!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving - August

Diving certainly is not allowed within the jurisdiction of the Similan and Surin Natioanl Parks from May to November. As for other areas you would be better contacting a local Dive Centre. List at www.khaolakyellowpages.com/divecenters.html

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,188 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving - August

Arandora,

You've already given me some brilliant help which I am immensely grateful for and you have also already directed me to this site, which I have looked at, but all this takes time and I just want some answers, I know you are not a diver, I just want a diver to answer my question, especially if they have found themselves in a similar situation, what did they do in August. I am in contact with Liquid Adventure, but I am just trying to get a quicker answer as I have booking's etc to be made, if not here, then anywhere else in the world, that we have not been to, I am just rather keen to do this place, so am keeping my fingers crossed for some answers from within this site and from a few emails that are whizzing around. Thank you again so much and should I ask anything else, I know that I can rely on you.

Happy Hols.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving - August

I'm directing you to a Dive Centre because of the recent announcements by the Thai Ministry of closures of certain dive sites so what may have been the case last August may not be the case this year. So the Dive Centres will no best. Hope you find something.

Woking
Level Contributor
539 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving - August

Many thanks Arondora, but this time we're off to Antigua. Khao Lak another time.

Happy Hols!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving - August

A poor subsitute. LOL

Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving - August

There are some reck dives that can be done in August, as well as lake dives at Khao Sok.

Phi Phi has sites that I believe are open year round.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving - August

Too late now for OP but good information for the future.

8. Re: Diving - August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak