We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Temple?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
34 reviews
Tiger Temple?

Just wondering it the Tiger Temple is far away from Khao Lak? My husband would love to see these glorious animals so we would be willing to do a day trip. I have heard the morning show is better as they have only 12 people at a time and we can feed the cats?

Thanks again. Only four months till we arrive - can't wait!!

Steph

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
1. Re: Tiger Temple?

Its a long way from Khao Lak, being in Kanchanaburi province. Search the forums and you will find lots of threads about this very controversial place.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Tiger Temple?

Ok, I will do that. Do you care to elaborate? I won't go if there is cruelty to animals. I just heard about it from a friend and thought it might be worth while.

For the record, I don't even want to ride on an elephant, I believe these magestic animals should be admired not ridden on, so I certainly don't want to be part of perpetuating animal cruelty towards tigers.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Tiger Temple?

As bbtony says, this is not the appropriate forum for this very emotive subject. Search on it under Thailand in the Search box. Go to the Kanchanaburi Forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297924-i10380-K… and click on the FAQ "Tiger Temple Pros/Cons at top right.

There are equally Pros and Cons of riding elephants.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Tiger Temple?

Referred to TA for moving to correct forum.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Tiger Temple?

Thanks guys, I have done some research and understand your desire to avoid starting a discussion on this topic.

We will give it a miss. Thanks again for all your help.

6. Re: Tiger Temple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations