We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surin Snorkeling

Surin Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 01:11
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surin Snorkeling

Thanks for the report but you will notice that there is a FAQ among the Top Questions on the right about snorkeling in the Surins and the Similans. I will add this thread to it.

2. Re: Surin Snorkeling

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 01:11
Kansas City
Level Contributor
138 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surin Snorkeling

If you don not mind providing me with some more inforamtion, I would appreciate it! I am interested in planning dive trip to both Siliman and Surin. I was wondering about how long of boats trips these are.I am thinking that you may have stayed overnight? I wanting to depart from boat at Khao Lak, where did you depart from? Thanks for any information you have, Pamela

Kansas City
Level Contributor
138 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surin Snorkeling

If you don not mind providing me with some more inforamtion, I would appreciate it! I am interested in planning dive trip to both Siliman and Surin. I was wondering about how long of boats trips these are.I am thinking that you may have stayed overnight? I wanting to depart from boat at Khao Lak, where did you depart from? Thanks for any information you have, Pamela

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surin Snorkeling

Hi Pamela,

Speedboat trips to the Similans usually start from the pier at Tab Lamu, which is about 15 minutes south from Khao Lak resorts and usually takes about 75 minutes. Ruk Talay do trips from Pakarang beach in Khao Lak and speedboat trip takes about the same time.

The main operator for speedboat trips to the Surins is Kuraburi Greenview which departs from the pier at Kuraburi which is about 75 minutes drive north from Khao Lak and speedboat trip is again about 75 minutes.

There are also departures from the pier at Ban Nam Kem which is about 25 minutes north from Khao Lak and speedboat trip a little bit longer.

Live aboard trips, mainly for diving depart from both Tab lamu and Kuraburi but are slower boats and take probably about 3 hours to get to the respective islands/dive sites.

We have stayed on a 3 day, 2 night snorkel trip with Kuraburi organised through a local operator in Khao Lak. There are plenty about for booking both day and overnight trips for snorkelling or diving.

You will find a list of Dive Centres in Khao Lak at www.khaolakyellowpages.com/divecenters.html

South Africa
Level Contributor
92 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surin Snorkeling

Thank you! As a first time vistor to Thailand I was getting very frustrated trying to find information and your post answers a lot of my questions. Can you help with two more things - how do we contact tour operators to book with Kuraburi, and more importantly we'll be there in the second week of April - are conditions still okay for snorkelling?

Thanks

Robyn

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surin Snorkeling

Hi Robyn,

Kuraburi are notoriously difficult to conact and book in adavance but in any event I would wait until you arrive to get best rates. You will be able to book quite easily over here. Although seas roughen up in April you should be ok but another reason for not booking in advance then you and operators will know what weather and sea conditions are like at time of booking. Tours will only go if ocean conditions are suitable enough for the trip and there are no adverse currents at your destination.

8. Re: Surin Snorkeling

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations