We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handbags??

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
Handbags??

Hi there,

We went to Khao Lak in March 2010 and will be there again in about 7 weeks time. Last year we went to Phuket after Khao Lak so I saved all my shopping for there. This time we are not doing Phuket so just wondering if anyone knows of any decent leather handbag shops around? Can you buy leather handbags at the Bang Niang Markets?

Thanks

Angie

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Handbags??

Not sure about the market itself but there is now a leather shop open. It is on the main road as you enter Bang Niang (coming from Khao Lak). It is near Badger's Bar. Not sure the name of it but there is a small bar in front and it is next to a sign shop.

Never been in it so I am not exactly sure what he has but I do pass it quite regularly.

Hope this helps.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Handbags??

thank you...will check it out when we are there.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Handbags??

Hi Angie,

Plenty of bags about, including on the market. Whether they are real or quality leather I wouldn't like to say. However, in addition to the one mentioned by KhaolakYoga, there is a shop at the far end of the highway in Bang La On just past Monty the Tailor's and before the Phu Khao Lak Restaurant that sells real leather bags and even makes leather boots and shoes to order. Not designer stuff though, nore your rugged, last forever types.

See you soon.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Handbags??

Thanks Alan, sounds great as was wanting to possibly get some shoes/sandals made too...don't need too high quality, just something that will last a couple of months (I get bored with it after that!) will def check it out!

See you soon.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,401 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: Handbags??

Hi Angie,

Remember me from the Phuket forum? Sorry to hijack this post, but we will be in Khao Lak in 8 weeks - will you be at the get-together on 4/3? I'm sure you will be staying at Cousins again.

I'm hoping to do a tiny bit of shopping in KL-hoping there are a few shops that I can have a browse around, when I can rag myself away from the beach.

Cheers,

Sandy

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
229 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Handbags??

Hi Sandy,

Yes I remember you from the phuket forum..think we travelled around the same time in 2007 (our first trip) and I also see you on the Bali forum a bit too (gotta love TA!)

We arrive KL on Wed 23 Feb and leave again on Sat 5 March staying at Cousins again. Is the get together on the 4th or the 6th March? I remember looking at the dates and thinking we were there on the wrong dates? If it is on the 4th we will def come along. Travelling with my parents, hubby and 3 small kids so there's quite a tribe of us LOL

Where are you staying in KL? Hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

Angie

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,401 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: Handbags??

Hi Angie,

You are right - I made a mistake - the get-together is on Sunday, 6th March. We actually arrive on 4th & are staying at Luckanawadee - I know it's a fair way into town, but we got a great deal, and John MUST have his TV - the beachfront villa we had originally booked at another property did not have one, and he was mortified. So I gave him the choice (had to let him have at least SOME input into the holiday) This time we are doing a "Thailand Taster "(we have not been to Khao Lak or Krabi) So if we like places, we come back for a lengthier time. We then go to Koh Samui - our favourite place in Thailand, so far.

Such a shame we won't meet, but have a wonderful time. If we love Khao Lak, I'll probably be checking out a few places for the future.Will make sure we have a look at Cousins.

X Sandy

8. Re: Handbags??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak