We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

Hi Guys.

As Phuket and Samui has had torrential rain at times with flooding in some areas just wondering how is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak and what is the opinion of what is to occur weather wise for our first trip to KL in Feb, 2011.

Thanks.

Bob & Chris.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

The weather for the last week has been disappointingly mainly cloudy, but warm, with occasional showers, only a couple heavy. Last couple of mornings turned sunny then clouded over again after lunch. Evenings clear and cool although last night more humid than most. Certainly bot "normal" for the season yet but where is?

As for February that is an impossible question. Don't know what it is going to be like tomorrow! If I could forecast that I'd bet on the lottery! :-)

Still infinitely better than back home in UK.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

Thanks for that.

Yes, your right you wouldn't want to be in the UK at the present moment.

Regards.

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

Any change in the weather yet? My son's in Vietnam at the moment, apparently it's not been to good there either.

Mentioned in this post
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

Very inconsistent. Mainly sunnt today or at least it was on koh Kho Khao and I believe in Khao Lak too. But at the moment it is lashing it down and we are supposed to be going to Sunset Bar for sunset and dinner. We will still go but no sunset and dine under cover. I think there is a depression all over SE Asia - it's certainly depressing me! LOL

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Sunset Bar
Sunset Bar
598 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
california
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

Is it expected to get any better by the new year? What do the locals (i guess that includes you Alan :) ) think?

I picked khao lak to visit during that time after looking for places in SE asia where the weather would be nice or at least not rainy!! This sucks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

I think the locals find the curren weather patterns as unpredictable as anyone else. Sun was out most of yeserday with big rain 5-6pm - and I mean BIG! Spectacular lightning show on the horizon accompanied dinner though. Today sunny so far so about to head for the beach. January is "normally" one of the best months so let's hope normality is now being resumed! So far rain has not interfered with enjoyment and though cloudy you still need to be careful of burning.

7. Re: How is the weather shaping up in Khao Lak?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 09:56
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations