We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

Swden
Level Contributor
176 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

I have read about the construction of a huge new resort next door to Ayara Villas. We are booked to stay at Ayara Villas at the end of January so I was wondering if anyone knew whether the construction work is complete yet.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

We are currently staying about 200 metres from the Casa Del Flora and it is I would think a couple of months away from completion. Most of the major "noisy" construction is complete so I do not think it will impact as much on neighbouring properties, like the Ayara Villas, as it did this time last year. The imnmpact on the beachfront is now less and work is concentrated on the development on the second road back which is probably staff accommodation and services. If I find out any more I will post here.

Swden
Level Contributor
176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

Thanks for your reply. We will be staying in the main hotel part of Ayara Villas. Is that close to the work on the staff quarters that you mentioned?

Hopefully by the end of January they will be nearly finished.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

Hi,

The Staff accommodation, service facilities and car park are just up from the Ayara Villas Garden Bungalows and on the opposite side of the road from the hotel complex.

See photos taken earlier today at picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/CasaDelFlora…

There is only one bungalow on the sea front completed at the moment and I spoke to a resort representative who was showing someone around it (very impressive it looked too!) and he said the resort should be complete and open in January. There still seems an awful lot of finishing work to do before that it seems to me but the major construction and hence noise/disturbance (and there is very little of that at the moment anyway) should be at a minimum.

Hope this helps.

Swden
Level Contributor
176 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

Thanks for taking the time to take photos and talk with someone on site. Very kind of you and very informative.

I agree that it looks like they have a lot to get finished and tidied up in the next month!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

The Casa del Flora had its official pre-opening two days ago with a blessing from the Archbishop Emeritus of Bangkok. See latest pictures at picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/CasaDelFlora…

I hope to add internal shots as soon as properties are available for inspection. The official Grand Opening is expected to be at the beginning of March.

When complete there will be just 34 villas of 3 designs, each with their own pool and jacuzzi and 2 luxury suites. Clearing up of the service and car park site adjacent to the Ayara Villas is now under way.

6. Re: Construction of Casa Del Flora Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak