We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

Singapore
Level Contributor
245 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

Hi,

I'll be staying at the JW Marriott Khao Lak this weekend.

Just wondering if there're any decent restaurants within walking distance of the resort? Or would our best bet be going into Bang Niang / Bang La On? If it's the latter, what's the best way to get there?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Khao Lak...
3,896 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

There is one restaurant to your immediate left on the beach and two or three others on your right. I believe the JWM provides a shuttle into Bang Niang/Bang La On and/or taxi which takes about 10 minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

i think the town`s are the better option and the hotel shuttle was 50 baht per person each way when we were there in october

Carrollton, Texas
Level Contributor
107 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

hi! could you confirm about the shuttle? Marriott doesn't mention it on website; if I can get email address for Marriott, I'll ask them, but I'm fearful of being at the mercy of 300BHT taxis every time I want to get out of the "bubble". Thanks!

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

hi as my post says there is a shuttle into town but do book early as they are nearly always full.

norwichblue1

5. Re: Restaurants near JW Marriott Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak