We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Does anyone know of a reasonable prices small hotel or resort in Khao Lak area around baht1000-1700. Within 20 minutes walk of nightlife, markets etc.? Any information will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Hi,

Have a look at the accommodation at www.khaolak.de which will give you some info and access to some hotel sites.

Within your price range I like Cousin Resort in Bang Niang with easy walking access to restaurants ,markets shops and bars in a quiet location nice pool and a few minutes walk to the beach. Not beach front but one road back.

website www.cousinresort.com

Julie

Edited: 17 November 2010, 00:56
USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Thank you Julie. I will check it out.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

What period are you thinking of visiting Khao Lak as that will dictate prices?

Here is a link to all accommodation in khao Lak

www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

and have a look here for more information on accommodation and Khao Lak http://www.khaolaklovers.com/

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Thanks I will check those out too. Cousin resort sounds OK. We are looking at March around 20th for 4/5 nights. We will be in Thailand from Dec 2010.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

FX furama resort is almost on the beach in BangNieng Khaolak.

Highly recommended for quality of its price :)

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Thank you for that one. I will check it out. So far I have had some good replies with interesting results. Thank you all.

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

FX furamar resort look very good. Is there much around it in the way of restaurants? How far to walk to nearest night activity, restaurants, market etc.

We like local restaurants more so than Western Style.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

The FX Resort is just up the road from the Cousin Resort and there are many, mainly local restaurants, within e3asy walking distance both on or overlloking the beach and on the surrounding roads. A great value resort, offering hotel rooms overlooking a pool on one side of the road and bungalow with their own pool on the other, if you can get it within your price range. Booking.com has it at 1500 baht per night in a de-luxe room for your dates, breakfast included. See http://tiny.cc/r68i8

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Thank you Arandora. I like the look of this place. I will check out Booking.com although they do not always have the best prices.

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonable clean 3 star hotel or resort

Arandora or anyone. Can you advise me of the rates for local Taxi, Bus service or mini bus from Phuket Airport to FX Furamar. There seems to be huge differences quoted & lets be honest it's not that far. Bangkok to Hua Hin is only baht 2,500 & must be 3 times the distance. Bangkok to Kanchanaburi baht150 by mini bus.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations