We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Phuket to Surin Islands.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Hi. Alberto here!!

Im trying to organize the transportation from Phuket to Surin Islands and i have 3 options:

1) From Phuket airport to Karaburi by taxi. Karaburi is the pier where takes to the islands, but its a non-comertial area, so i dont know if we can buy the boat-trip from there.

2) From Phuket to Kao Lak by taxi, and there organize to boat-trip. They will have to take us by taxi from Kao Lak to Karaburi anyways, but its a touristic area so they can organize it.

3) Any company where i can buy the ticket to organize this online now??

Thank you!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Hi Alberto,

Surprise! Surprise! We meet again.

Here is my previous reply but hopefully you will get some others too on this forum.

Regards

Alan

Try Khao Lak Land Discovery at www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com/bookings.php

Although they don't show details of the Surin Tour on their website they do offer one and will arrange transport from Phuket or from Khao Lak.

If you want to book just a taxi to Khao Lak contact Boss at Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com He is very reliable and has best prices. He may also organise your Surin tour too.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Thank you Alan!

I have been looking in the website and they dont offer what i need.

I only want a company that organize my transportation from Phuket to Surin (the pier to Surin Islands is in Karaburi town), Surin to Similan, and Similan Phuket.

Also with the transportation, we want to make reservation of the bungalows in Surin and Similan, but i cant find any website for all this. I tried www.similans.net but they dont respond to my emails.

Any help??

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Hi Alberto,

Have a look at this link for tips from someone who booked the Surins independently tripadvisor.co.uk/…29007570

There is no real advantage in booking the accommodation yourself as the tour operator only passes on the charge made by the National Park authority which is notoriously difficult to contact and get replies from for both the Surins and the Similans.

This is the official website for the Koh Surins NP dnp.go.th/parkreserve/…accommodation.asp

and for Koh Similans here dnp.go.th/parkreserve/…accommodation.asp where you can book direct but please read the booking conditions and procedures carefully, particularly the requirement to transfer the booking fee in advance to ma Thai Bank.

It really is easier and less stressful IMHO to let a tour company make the arrangements for you.

How long do you plan on each island? They are both fabulous destinations but again IMHO I do not see the real value in doing both "back to back" .

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Yep, im really trying to get a company to make the arrangements for me, but the ones i emailed, no reply....

Im trying to stay 6 nights Surin and other 6 in Similan. Dont know if there is much to do there apart of snorkel and diving... Do you know this??

If you know a company where i can contact to arrange all let me know please.

thank you!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
224 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Hello,

We just booked our trips to Surin and Similan through the Amsterdam resort. Through our research we've bumped into the following websites that organizes packaged tours. Perhaps you can book your transfers through them.

Surin and Similan

www.khaolaktravelcenter.com

Surin only

www.Wickeddiving.com

Similan only

www.similan-diving-safaris.com

Regards,

/M

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Ok great!!

I just sent a email to the travel center and i also received response from a travel center. So all is on course.

Now my question is if 6 nights in Surin Islands and 6 in Similan are too much.

Is there activities to do apart of snorkel and diving in these islands??

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Alberto I definitely think 6 nights at each is too much. There is absolutely nothing else to do other than snorkel by day, have a quiet meal and a drink in the one restaurant in the evening. 3 Nights 2 Days at either is the standard "long stay".

If you contact Khao Lak Land Discovery through the website link I gave earlier they will arrange everything even if it is not shown on the wewbsite.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

Alberto,

Here is another idea for you to consider. You may have come across tours advertised as "Liveaboard" usually for diving sites where you travel, eat and sleep on board a boat. A local businessman in Khao Lak who co-owns the O'Connor's Irish Pub and Restaurant as well as a modern longtail boat for fishing, local snorkeling and sunset cruises, has just launched his brand new Liveaboard boat specifically aimed at a 3 day (2 nights on board) Liveaboard snorkelling trip from Khao Lak. See www.andamansnorkeldiscovery.com/index.html His wife works at Khao Lak Land Discovery so I am sure they would organise transportation to and from Khao Lak for you. If the sunset cruises on the Reggae Boat are anything to go by it will be a fun filled trip.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

there is only one boat operator tat leave from Namkhem Pier vrey nearby Khaolak. they also pick up from Phuket early morning.then u get to the pier called Namkhem which is alot closer to Phuket. the Kurabusi pier is so far.

www.seastarAndaman.com they will arrange things for you.

10. Re: From Phuket to Surin Islands.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak