We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money changers

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
money changers

Are there money changers in Khoa Lak, we will be taking some stering as well as some US dollars to change into Thai Baht, where can I do this.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money changers

Best place is at the Banks, not at money changers as you get less baht for your £ usually with them, not that there are many independent money changers. If you haven't bought US$ there is no p[oint really in doing so as you will lose out by changing twice, £ to $, $ to Baht.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money changers

Thank you so much. We have some US dollars left over from a previous holiday so thought we will change them when we go to Thailand. I was a bit worried I woldnt be able to, but now thanks to you I can take them to the abnk when Im there.

Mentioned in this post
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money changers

That's fine. Just wanted you to avoid changing £s to $s unnecessarily.

Have a look at this very useful link about changing money in Thailand generally tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

and this link contained in it for seeng what you can get in Thailand on a day to day basis …daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

It is usually 2-3 baht per £ above what you would get in UK. There are exchanges at the airport when you arrive so no need to bring any baht with you. :-)

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: money changers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 10:59
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak