We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Another question from today :)

Has anyone stayed in the Lagoon Villas at LM? Are they near the kids areas? We don't have kids and don't want to end up right near the kids club. I can't find a resort map anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Steph

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Hi Steph,

The lagoon villas are in between the Le Spa complex (has its own pool) and the beach and is in the opposite part of the resort from the family accommodation, pool and the Kids' Club.

See pics of the Le M at www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=24635279 The lagoon villas are at page 4.

Look here for a site plan of the Le M from a few years ago that shows the basic layout which has been added to with new facilities since …walagata.com/w/arandora/Le_Meridien_Plan.jpg

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

You are on fire today with the info. Thanks again Arandora!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Very familiar with the Le M. It remains our favourite resort in Khao Lak.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
455 posts
77 reviews
4. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

We're hoping to stay at the Le M at the end of April 2011 and like you, do not have children so grateful to read your posts. I've emailed them re cost per night. May I ask how you secured your rates Steph?

We're staying at La Flora for a week, then onto Khao Sok and then hopefully Le M so mixing it up somewhat. Like you, I really appreciate all posts as you always learn something valuable.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
5. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

PJSwan, I just checked their online booking system and that's the rate I was offered. I did however try and put in 10 nights starting the last 2 nights of April and was given a rate that was almost double I think! So, I think the bargain rate was for the May period only.

I don't know how else to get a good deal, but I am happy with that price for May!

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
6. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

I think I have decided on LM. I noticed another post mentioning the building of a shopping mall starting at JWM now, it might be finished by May, but I am still leaning towards LM.

So excited!!

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Dont know if you have boxed this off already but the cheapest company that I found was Fargo travel, they cut about £2000 off everyone elses prices.

However I havent booked with them yet so if anyone knows if they are ok, please let me know

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

They are a Pattaya based company.

What period, what room type and how long was the quote you are referring to that saves £2000? They don't actually quote for a lagoon villa room which was the subject of the OP.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

Yeah I was surprised, I had to email them for the rate and they got back to me with that and the pool villa. It was £1026 for 15 days not Inc flight, in the ordinary pool view room and £2135 for the lagoon villa. I've been quoted £3800 for the pool view room for 14 nights but that includes the flight, they were all around that price when booking with uk operators

Had a good shop around but that's the best I can get

It's from 13-28 may which I know is off season.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 01:14
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
34 reviews
10. Re: Lagoon Villa Rooms Le Meridien?

We ended up booking a Lagoon Villa from 10th - 16th May! We might see you there :)

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak