We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable accomodation in Khao Lak for kids aged 10-12years

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable accomodation in Khao Lak for kids aged 10-12years

Hello fans of tripadvisor,

This is my first time to Khao Lak, bringing my kids here from Dec 13th till Dec 17th 2010 . Would like to know which resort will be suitable for us. I've research these places and can't decide on which one- Palm Galleria, Suwan Palm Beach, Haadson Resort, and lastly Chong Fah Resort, read the positive review but my dates were not available.

Will certainly appreciate if i can get feedbacks before booking the rooms online.

Regards,

Lisa & Din

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Palm Galleria Resort
Palm Galleria Resort
177 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
257 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable accomodation in Khao Lak for kids aged 10-12years

The Palm Galleria is in a fairly isolated position just off Pakarang Beach. Just a couple of local beach restaurants and a 15 minute taxi/shuttle to Bang Niang (15 minutes) or NBang La On (20 minutes) where there are plenty of restyaurants, bars and shops.

Similarly the Haadson Resort, although a lovely small resort aacross from Bang Sak Beach with a promenade with several local restaurants, is fairly isolted bein further north but about same travelling time to main townships as the Palm Galleria.

The Suwan Palm is right on Nang Thong Beach and only a short walk up to the highway in Bang la On. Very child friendly resort whose Managing Director and wife do a lot for Tsunami orphans.

The Chong Fah is a lovely small boutique resort but better suited I feel for couples rather than families.

Try the Laguna which is close to the Suwan Palm on one side or the Sea View Resort on the other.

In Bang Niang you could try the FX Bang Niang Beacg Resort.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Galleria Resort
Palm Galleria Resort
177 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
257 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable accomodation in Khao Lak for kids aged 10-12years

Hello there Arandora,

Thank you so much for the speedy reply, will follow up with room booking soon. Your recommendation had made me decided which suitable resort. I'll proceed with the Suwan Palm Resort. Your feedback had just confirmed my decision without any hesitation.

Regards,

Lisa & Din

Mentioned in this post
Suwan Palm Resort
Suwan Palm Resort
257 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Suitable accomodation in Khao Lak for kids aged 10-12years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak