We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

I am planning my honeymoon to the Sarojin in mid-July.

Could anyone offer advice on expectations at that time of year in relation to:

-Weather

-Food

-Activities

Thanks

Tom

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

Weather - July is right in the middle of the Wet Season, so not only should you expect rain and cloud but with sunny intervals, the ocean will be rough and perhaps not the normal beautiful turquoise colour as the sand is stirred up.

Food - excellent at either of the two restaurants at the Sarojin. However, the beach restaurants at either side of the resort will be closed again because of the Season. The Sarojin, though, provides a free shuttle into the main townships of Bang Niang (10 minutes) and Bang La On (15 minutes) where there will be restaurants and bars open.

Activities - the Sarojin prides itself on the activities and tours it offers and I'm sure there will be ones tailored to the time you are there. Khao Sok National Park, about an hour to the north and and Cheow Lan Lake another hour further are beautiful and popular destinations. The canoe ride on the Sok River is arguably better in the Wet Season because the river is running more full and the surrounding vegetation more lush. A longtail boat ride on Cheow Lan Lake among the towering limestone formations and islands is spectacular in any weather. For a trip there (and rides around Khao Lak) independent of the Sarojin, contact Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak on cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com A search on this forum will provide many testimonies to the quality, reliability and value of his services.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

I spent a few days there last July. The weather was a combination of a lot of rain but with enough sunshine to allow me spend a few hours at the beautiful swimming pool each day. Arandora has answered your questions with regard activities. The food was excellent the service impeccable. There were quite a few honeymoon couples staying during that period. The whole resort is in my opinion designed to enhance and exceed the expectations of couples on a honeymoon.I say this a a solo traveler. The landscape architecture, sounds and night time lighting was for me a highlight. You wont go wrong. It is indeed the garden of Eden and I have no doubt that you will both find a little bit of heaven and paradise at this beautiful unique resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

Hey Tommo,

The Sarojin offers free 14 foot surf catamaran to their patrons...However,being surf season...It would be wise to check the beach conditions before you decide to launch the cat off the beach...I'm sure the Sarojin handlers will advise you if it is safe or not...

Ao Tong Beach on which the Sarojin is located is not a classic surf beach in the sense that it is not even favourable for body surfers....The slope of the beach at the waterline seems to be too deep to form good waves for any type of surfing,thus it is safe for swimming as I have never seen any rips or currents there....But please be careful just the same....

Also be aware that there is a small creek beside the Sarojin and during wet season,this creek and all its contents run out possibly polluting the water...

It is ok when the tide is coming in tho'....

Anyway,this is just an activity at the Sarojin....

4. Re: Visiting Sarojin. Weather, food and activities in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak