We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Even more Kantary Photos

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Even more Kantary Photos

Sorry for the earlier mis-post. Here now are photos taken by a friend in Khao Lak with the Kantary management permission http://tiny.cc/faupa

The place, I'm told, is a hive of activity as final clear up takes place ready for the opening on 15th November as per schedule.

Whilst it is not a typical Thai style resort, it is a another example of the new variety of developments taking shape at various locations in Khao Lak, with obvious eyes on establishing a market for all visitors' tastes in accommodation.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Hi Alan,

Great to see some good photos of the resort as it is now. Looks a bit bare but when all the landscaping is complete it may prove to be a popular choice. With the Kantary Collection they do offer a high standard of accommodation and facilities.

Julie

Cleveland, UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Thankyou so much for posting this - it is great to see how it will look! We are booked for Easter next year.

Dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Thank you so much for the photos.

Just what I wanted to see.

We are heading out on the 23rd December for 10 days so really looking forward to it now that I have seen the photos.

I must admit our travel agent said if the hotel was not ready by the time we go out that they would change us to another accommodation.

Fingers crossed it will be all finished.

Linda

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

We will be returning to Khao Lak on 26th November and Pak Weeb Beach will be high on the agenda for a visit (lunch at the Boatyard just up from the Kantary) so I will be keen to see this finished article as we have watched it progress from a big hole in the ground over the past two years. I will post back with latest information but I have no reason to believe it won't open as scheduled on 15th of this month.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

The Kantary Beach is very much open and operating as yesterday (28th November) and looking good, although as you would expect the grounds need clearing of the construction workers huts (well away from the main buildings) and planting etc. needs to be established.

More pics soon.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

hi mr.a. having a night cap are we?it must be 2 in the morning over there.

looking forward to seeing your photos as it is number 1 choice for next year

do you think the boatyard will stay open later into the evenings now this hotel is close by.are you loving it or do you want to come back and do a bit of sledging !!! lol.

nb1

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Only midnight. Must be a system glitch showing time.

I think the Boatyard will stay open longer if extra business justifies it but not enough from the Kantary or elsewhere yet. There are more loungers now along the beach immediately adjacent to the Boatyard but largely empty as still not many visitors about and weather not settled yet. Cloudy every day except the first one.

As for sledging I'll leave that to our guys and the Aussies!

Here are latest pics of Kantary. I will add more as we gain access on site and hopefully to view some rooms.

picasaweb.google.com/CousinKL/KantaryBeach…

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Thanks for the updated pictures. Mr J should be pleased as I noticed a Kayak with his name on it lol

Julie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

Thanks Alan, great photo's we were looking at that resort being built when we were there, should bring a bit more trade into the area with 2x 5*resorts along that beach

as for sledging i will leave that to you guys back in UK, brrrr too cold for me now, us Aussies in Perth are not sledging it's been up to 39c, surfing and bodyboarding at the beach more like it LOL ;-))

have a great time Alan (as you do) and a cocktail for me thanks :-)

10. Re: Even more Kantary Photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations