Day 1: Depart Khao Lak, morning, for 3 day/2 night trip in Surin Islands
Day 2: Surin Islands
Day 3: Surin Islands, then return to mainland in afternoon
---Taxi transfer from Khuraburi to Khao Sok NP---
Overnight near Khao Sok NP
Day 4: Day trip in Khao Sok NP
---evening taxi transfer back to Khao Lak----
We are hoping to do this trip independently, but not sure if this is possible. So, a few questions:
1. Is it possible to do this trip independently, taking a taxi from our hotel in Khao Lak in the morning and finding a boat to the Surin Islands? If so, about how much would we expect to pay for a taxi from Khao Sok to Khuraburi Pier?
2. Once on the islands, is it relatively easy to find a boat through the national park service to go on a snorkeling trip to another island?
3. Is it possible to reserve a bungalow on our own?
4. Upon return to Khuraburi, is it possible to hire a taxi to take us to Khao Sok? If so, how much would we expect to pay, and how long would it take?
5. From Khao Sok, how much is a taxi typically back to Khao Lak (Le Meridien), and how long would it typically take?
6. Is it better/more economical to do a package tour to the Surin Islands? It could be an option for us, but we have found when traveling that we have been able to arrange things ourselves. Also, we know that we need to start on a Sunday, and the one tour operator we contacted does not have trips departing on Sundays.
Sorry for so many questions, but I couldn't quite find the answers when searching through the forum. Thanks in advance!