We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak or Kata beach or Northwestern Phuket?

Finland
Level Contributor
71 posts
Khao Lak or Kata beach or Northwestern Phuket?

Hi! We are traveling to Thailand in November-December for two weeks. We're thinking of staying 6 nights in Koh Racha but we can't decide where to stay the rest of the holiday, thinking of Khao Lak (Haadson Resort), Kata beach or some of the more remote beaches at the northwestern coast of Phuket. We're looking for a nice quiet beach with safe swimming and nice thai restaurants withing walking distance, preferably right on the beach. Being able to do off beach snorkeling would be a plus. We're traveling with our 5 month old son, so the beach and the resort should be family friendly. Also less traveling the better. We'd like to stay in a bungalow maybe with an air con, willing to spend max 6000 thb / night. Which beach would be right for us? Any suggestions on resorts are much appreciated as well! Thanks a lot for any advice!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak or Kata beach or Northwestern Phuket?

The Haadson Resort is a very nice resort located just across an access road from the delightful Bang Sak Promenade, a favourite dining and picnicking spot for locals, although visitors are always made most welcome. This recent thread gives information about various resorts with links to pics of Bang Sak Promenade and comments about the Haadson.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

It appears that Asia Web Direct has rates for November within your budget at asiawebdirect.com/thailand/…

For more information and a list of accommodation in Khao Lak have a look at http://www.khaolaklovers.com/ and http://khaolak.de/khaolakbeach/home.htm

The Nang Thong Bay Resort 1 or 2 on Nang Thong Beach is beach front with easy access to restaurants and shops up the road in Bang La On, the main township, as is the neighbouring Baan Khao Lak, the beach bungalows at the Laguna Resort, Green Beach Resort and Ocean Breeze.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak or Kata beach or Northwestern Phuket?

Hi,

Having stayed at both Khao Lak and Kata I personaly prefer Khao Lak for its miles of beautiful beaches and laid back charm. Haadson resort is very nice and the beach is beautiful up here. 20 minutes into the nearby townships of Bang Niang and Khao Lak. Kata I used to travel to from Khao Lak as I liked the smaller Kata Noi beach where you will find Mom Tri's and the Katathani but on my last visit I found it to be very commercial and the nice quiet beach had grown from 1 row of sunbeds to 4 all the way along the beach. You can snorkel from Kata Noi by the rocks. Racha is one of my favourite places and the snorkeling here is amazing especially at the beach used by the Ban Raya guests its just a small cove .

Julie

3. Re: Khao Lak or Kata beach or Northwestern Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 11:00
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak