We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

In recent posts I have getting the Kasikorn Bank mixed up with Bank of Ayudhya in relation to the ATM outside the 711 in Bang Niang at the junction of the Beach Road and the highway.

It was the Bank of Ayudhya one NOT the Kasikorn Bank one that did not charge the 150 baht withdrawal fee during our last stay in KL from December 2009 to April 2010.

Sorry and I hope it is still not charging.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

When you check your bank statements, read the amount withdrawn very carefully. A UK friend of mine got his bank statement but no 150 baht fee was shown, but the amount of Thai baht shown was 150 baht higher than the actually amount he got from the machine.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
311 reviews
2. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

dragonc is right.. it just adds 150 baht into your withdrawal so isnt listed as a seperate charge on your statement.. a hidden charge as such!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

C'mon guys, I'm not that stupid!

There was no charge over a 5 month period from this machine, neither advised when I made a withdrawal, nor shown on the receipt from the machine, nor shown on my bank statement either as a separate amount nor added to the amount I withdrew. Same thing for friends whose home bank and Direct Debit card was different from mine. I'm not in the habit of giving false information, especially based on actual experience AND especially not where money is concerned!

It may now have been corrected, hence the hope expressed at the end of my post, which I will be testing out in a couple of months.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

No one was suggesting your are stupid. I reported a friend's experience. Few machines don't levy the charge now but there might be some.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
311 reviews
5. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

Yikes did we get out of the wrong side of the bed today?! I wasnt calling you stupid nor was I suggesting that in the slightest.. I only mentioned it as that was MY experience... and thought it might be the same for you.. and if not I was pointing out it can happen.. Sorry for sharing MY experience... Wow.. Will keep quiet next time!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

Having been more forcibly doubted on another TA forum, I'm sorry I tarred you both with the same brush!

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
311 reviews
7. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

I'm a fan Arandora and now how wise you are when it comes to Thailand.. no doubt.. just a query/thought!

8. Re: Correction re ATM not charging 150 baht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak