We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help - November

colete00
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help - November

Hi my husband and I are traveling to Khao Lak with our 2 year old daughter. There are three hotels in our price range - do you have any experience with these hotels? I would love your input.

Ranyatavi Resort

Andamania Beach Resort

Khaolak Bhandari

Luckanawadee Beach Resort

Wishlist:

Beachfront Hotel with easy access (no shuttles or cliffs to climb)

Restaurant

Not to big, but not super small

Close enough to town, where we can go for dinner or shopping with a 10 minute (or less) taxi ride

Thank you!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
229 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
Khaolak Bhandari Resort...
798 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help - November

Hi,

I hope this information proves useful:

* Ranyatavi Resort - not in Khao Lak. Situated on a newly developing area of Pilai Beach which is just off Phuket Island and about 45 minutes south of Khao Lak. The area is quite remote, with not many restaurants nearby and the nearest town being Khuk Kloy, a typical Thai working town, not touristy at all.

* Andamania Beach Resort - located on a lovely but quite remote part of Khuk Khak beach in Khao Lak. There are no beach restaurants in the immediate vicinity, the nearest being a good 800 metres or so to the north across an inlet (difficult to cross when tide is in) past the J W Marriott Resort, or similar distance to the south (again across an inlet with similar difficulties) past the Orchid Beach Resort. No township in the immediate vicinity. Taxi or hotel shuttle needed to lots of restaurants, bars and shops in Bang Niang (10 minutes) or Bang La On (15 minutes).

* Khao Lak Bhandari - located across a service road from Nang Thong Beach. About 10 minutes walk up to the highway and the centre of Bang La On. Sister (newer) hotel next door is the Oriental.

* Luckanawadee Beach Resort - a very small boutique resort located on Khao Lak (South) Beach, which is the first of Khao Lak's beaches you reach when coming from Phuket. It is direct beach front, along with just of a handful of other resorts with a lovely promenade in front of them along the enclosed bay. A few restaurants, including those at the neighbouring resorts, nearby then more up on the highway. About 10 minutes by taxi across the mountain from Bang La On.

None of the resorts are big.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
229 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
756 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
colete00
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help - November

Awesome thank you for your help. We booked Luckanawadee a few weeks ago, but I guess I have had a little cold feet - I still think based on your comments that it is still the best one for us. I forgot to mention Haadson - have you been there, how does it compare to Luckanawadee? It is the same price.

This is the last leg of a month long tour of Southeast Asia - so we want a quiet place to relax with a few places to explore.

I really appreciate your help!

Mentioned in this post
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help - November

The Haadson is an equally nice resort located on one side of a promenade overlooking Bang Sak Beach.There are a few restauarnts within walking distance along the promenade but it is further out, about 15 minutes to Bang Niang and 20 minutes to Bang La On. Bigger than the Luckanawadee - most resorts are, in fact off hand I can't think of any smaller than the Luckanawadee, certainly not in its class - with accommodation around a lagoon.

Photos of Luckanawadee taken a couple years ago when we visited friends staying there at photos.orange.co.uk/my/album…

and Bang Sak Promenade about same time at …google.com/Arandora/BangSakPromenade…

Mentioned in this post
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help - November

.... and Khao Lak Beach and promenade near the Luckanawadee earlier this year at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/KhaoLakBeach02…

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
colete00
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help - November

Thank you. I think I am going to stick with Luckanawadee - I am excited. You have been so helpful.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help - November

You are very welcome.

7. Re: Hotel Help - November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 10:54
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak