We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

The Surat Thani provincial administration Thursday announced the closure of its Khao Sok National Park until the middle of December following torrential rains.

The administration said heavy rains during the monsoon season would make it unsafe for tourists to visit the park so it would be closed until the monsoon season is over in the middle of December.

The park is famous for tourists who like trekking in forests.

The park has eight famous tourist spots, which are Nam Thalu Cave, Bats Cave, Siroo Cave, Tonekroy Waterfalls, Than Sawan Waterfalls, Tangnam Waterfalls, 11-layers Waterfalls and the trek way for watching lotuses.

Source: The Nation 16/10/2010

Anyone who has tours booked for this period should check with their tour operator.

Castlebellingham...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

Can anyone confirm if Khao Sok NP is closed? I cannot find any other sources online to indicate whether it is or isn't. Any info appreciated,

KC

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

See this later post with updated information from a tour guide at Khao Sok:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

We are planning to hire a car from Phuket airport in late October to drive up to Khao Sok National Park. Is the road still open ? What is the likelihood of road closure? In a related post by you I understand that you can still hike in NP as long as you have a guide and the lake is open, is that correct? When we drive to the lake is it possible to organise a short boat trip of a couple of hours and what is the cost likely to be?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

Hi,

As far as I am aware the road is open although there is a lot of rain at the moment. My friend Mathilde who runs Khao Sok Explorer and lives near Khao Sok has promised to let me know if there are any road closures and if so I would post on the forum. You could telephone the Park on Tel. 07739 5154-5, or 07739 5139 before leaving Phuket to confirm the road condition.

Previous information about being able to trek in the more accessible parts of the NP so long as accompanied has been confirmed from another local resort owner.

When you drive to the Lake go to the pier where you will find the booking office. They will tell you what trips are available on the lake according to how much time you want to spend on one. We paid about 1200 baht per person in April 2009 for a 5 hour round trip to the Coral Cave and floating raft houses there. A tour trip should be perfectly feasible and affordable. If you have time drive up o the Viewpoint and Information Centre overlooking the Dam and Lake for fantastic views and photos. It's well signposted on the way down to the Lake.

Utrecht, NL
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

Hi all,

we have booked to stay at River and Cliff View which is in the Khao Sok NP for 14th December. Can anyone advise if it will be open or if we should make alternative arrangements please?

thanks

Rob

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

You should check with the resort but I am sure you will find it is open and by December the worst of the rains will be over and "parklife" should be back to normal, if indeed most of the activities will have been affected anyway.

KHAO SOK
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

Hi!!!

We're staying in Khao Sok right now and it is OPEN..

Thats right you can book Tours and visit the National Park

KHAO SOK IS OPEN!!!!!

greetings from the Rainforest!

233 Moo.6 phano...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

I 'm khaosok treehouse manager. khaosok national park it open all year sure but they colse somewhere in rain season only. anywhere for the tour you can make,Bungalow ,resort they open all year and somewhere in the park you can visit it .belive me they are open all year and also around national park 32 bungalow ,resort they are open all year Khaosok national park never colse all just somewhere thank you thai khaosok local people Mr,sakda somwong

9. Re: Khao Sok National Parl Closed to December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations