We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Hi All,

Can anyone out there suggest somewhere romantic, with great facilities, great beach with sea view rooms or oceanfront pool villas for our honeymoon on Khao Lak.

We like Le Meridien and Marriot but they seem like they are huge resorts and we are a tad concernced that we may not get the peace and quiet and privacy of smaller boutique resorts.

If anyone can suggest somewhere wed really appreciate it..

thanks so much

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

The most popular (but most expensive) Honeymoon resort in Khao Lak is the Sarojin - see http://www.sarojin.com/

It is a small luxury boutique resort located on Pak Weeb Beach the best beach in Khao Lak, about 800 metres around a headland from Le Meridien. The jacuzzi suites are the most popular with honeymooners but none of the accommodation is directly beach front or direct sea view as they are set back in the grounds.

Next door to the Sarojin the new Kantary Beach Hotel, Villas and Suites is due to open in mid-November and has individual villas directly facing the beach. See kantarycollection.com/kantarybeach-khaolak/i… and this recent thread tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

In relation to peace and privacy, whilst the Le M and JWM are large resorts they are both planned to afford guests both of those requirements, albeit my favourite the Le M I feel has the Wow factor with its beachfront villas. The JWM accommodation is all pool facing with side sea views from the balconies/terraces.

It very much depends on your budget. If you could give an idea of this and when you intend to travel that would help more with suggestions.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Have you thought about the Khao Lak Laguna or the Khao Lak Seaview resorts? They are both beautiful and romantic and well positioned, especially the Seaview

Cheers,

nettie

3. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 00:46
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

The Laguna and Seaview are fine hotels but not IMHO very romantic, although the Laguna does have beachfront villas and the Seaview has some sea view rooms.

The Paradise further up Sunset Beach is a lovely smallThai style boutique resort with beach facing villas but not with pools.

The Ramada on Bang Niang Beach has some lovely beachfront villas, again without pools, and some new ones are just being completed.

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Thanks so much for your response Arandora, Nettie. We were definiately leaning towards the Sarojin or the LeM and were thinking maybe 5 days in the Sarojin and the remaining 4 nights in the LeM. We didnt want to go over the top but online, the pool front villas at the LeM are affordable and the beach looks amazing and we can afford to splash out a little which is what we thought wed do at the Sarojin.

We were just a little concerned the Le Meridien may not be all that romantic given that its such a large resort but sounds like that shouldnt be a problem? Do you know if they have a swim up bar, couldnt see it online?

Are there any other bars, restaurants along the beach, in fairly good walking distance?

Thanks again for your information, very much aprpeciated.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

The idea with LeMer is that they offer everything onsite so you dont need to leave the compound (so I have been told). I have never been there myself, just driven past it LOTS!!. The turn off to my house is just past it :-)

Anyway I digress.

LeMer is quite far from Khao Lak, it is really on Pak Weep beach. if you ask me.

There are restaurants along the main road leading into LeMer & there is one beach restaurant at Pak Weep beach. They offer free sun chairs during the day and you can order drinks and food from them :-).

As it is on the shoulder of the low season I am not sure if it will be open at night but probably. If you do go out on the beach at night to eat please use mosquito spray, they are deady at night on the beach!!

The Sarojin is near White Sand beach and Pakarang Beach, again quite far from Khao Lak, I think, but I have heard it is beautiful.

There are a few restaurants on the beach at White Sands and they are very romantic at night being candle lit ;-)

Enjoy!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Patrice,

It depends when you are planning on going to Khao Lak. The beach restaurants close during the Wet Season, May to mid-October, but if not then there are two excellent ones within easy walking distance, the Rim Lay 200 metres to the left and Ma Ma Lek's 400 metres to the right, with the Sabai Sabai about half way in between. If you go around the headland just past the Rim Lay, taking care if the tide is in or not to get stranded if the tide comes in while you are on the other side, White Sand Beach is few hundred metres further with its 3 lovely restaurants. Then further up past the Sarojin (whose beach restaurant is excellent even if you are not staying there) is one of our favourites, the Boatyard. Go here for dinner at sunset, taking your own bottle of wine from the supermarket and you will probably be on your own as it's a bit far up the beach and day trippers will have gone home. A beautiful - and romantic - setting at sunset. They will take you back to Le M after dark as will Mr. Nueng from the centre restaurant on White Sand Beach.

There is a newish small restaurant, the Khao Sau, just opposite the entrance to the Le M on the highway.

The Sarojin provides a free shuttle into Bang Niang (about 10 minutes) or Bang La On (15 minutes), where there are loads of restaurants, bars and shops. The Le M charges 100 baht each way. You can book a taxi from either, or from Ma Ma's, the Rim Lay or Mr.Nueng, all of whom do tours too.

The Le M doesn't have a swim up bar but one very near to the main poool with its huge jacuzzi. The beach here is nicer and more private than at the Sarojin where White Sand Beach gets very busy during the day but is a lovely setting for dinner in the evening.

Have a look here at pics of all KL's beaches taken December 2009 to April 2010 tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Thanks for your information Nettie, very much appreciated.

Sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

Thanks for the really comprehensive response, this is great and will definitely use this when we arrive in Khao Lak.

So looks like LeM it is and the Sarojin.. thanks again.

10. Re: Somewhere romantic on Khao Lak for a honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 21:27
Edited: 01 September 2010, 21:27
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations