We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Khao Lak

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada Khao Lak

I don't know if this is a bizarre question but not getting an answer from the hotel. We have found a pretty good rate on a room only basis at the Ramada, but wondered how much the hotel would then charge us for the breakfast. Would anyone be able to guesstimate a figure? I don't know if it' s one of these situations where paying separately for that actually means it works out to be much the same as a B&B basis.

The price difference is about 1300 bhat.

Thanks!

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Make that 2300 bhat of a difference. My calculator was playing up...

I'm guessing there's no danger the hotel would charge anywhere near that much for brekkie for 2?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Hi,

I do not know what the Ramada would charge for breakfast but would not think it to be as much as 2300B for 2. There are plenty of places in Bang Niang to get a nice breakfast I was on room only and paid around 400 B for a nice breakfast for 2.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

That's not 2300 baht per day is it? The price for a typical American breakfast (fruit juice, eggs, bacon, tomatoe, toast, fresh fruit, toast and jam with tea or coffee) is about 150 - 200 baht per person in a local restaurant or smaller resort. You will get a good breakfast at the German bakery about 5 minutes walk from the Ramada and some of the nearby beach restaurants serve it too. The charge by the Ramada will no doubt be more but if there is a clear difference of 2300 baht per day, I would book the lower rate then see how much breakfast on a day by day basis is when you arrive.

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Thanks for those replies. Yes, it's a difference of 2,300b per day so quite sizeable. We do like the luxury of having brekkie in Thailand, the buffets are so indulgent ( although I do have to force myself to stay far away from the pastries!).

Wotif have a great rate but only just showing prices for the start of our holiday so I will keep an eye on it and hope they have that price for the whole of our stay.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Hi,

I also love the pastries but not for 2,300B that difference would pay for a slap up meal every day. It is nice to indulge but I did not miss my buffet brekkie at the smaller establishments that I went to on room only.

Julie

Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Thanks Julie, and no bad thing if I'm too weak to stay away from the fattening pastries!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
274 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

We have just stayed at the Ramada and we paid 3000 baht a night but had breakfast and a 3 course dinner included which was worth every cent (baht)? but a couple we met there were paying 2100 and that included breakfast so different rates it seems...it was well worth not having to go "outside" the hotel for our meals as nothing really that handy.

Edited: 20 August 2010, 02:25
Auchterarder...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Hi, thanks for that info, we're going in November so peak prices, you've depressed me with how little you have to pay. One day we'll go in off peak season!

Surprised you found nothing nearby, we haev chosen the location because we will be within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. Hope I've not been confused!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

Hi,

In the low or green season a lot of the beach restaurants close during this period that would be open in peak and high season. In Novenber most will have opened back up including new ones.

Edited: 20 August 2010, 18:53
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramada Khao Lak

No confusion. Just that many places near by in Bang Niang close down in the Wet Season. In November they will be open and fresh from their Low Season break so you will have more than enough choice.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak