We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

Have been trying to work out the best resort to stay in for a reasonable price in the low season for a week, this one has great reviews on here and seems to be a good location as we will be on foot and want nearby restauants etc, dont want to be stuck in a resort....

does anyone have any comments regarding this place before i go ahead with my decision?

the other option was the merlin hotel.......

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

In terms of location Khaolak Resort is a better option. It is in La On village, so there will be plenty of restaurants and shops open. Plus it is very easy to get around on foot. Merlin is located on Khao Lak Beach which has less in terms of nearby facilities. You would probably need to hire a motorbike or take a taxi and head to La On for more restaurant options.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,848 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

I would agree with KhaolakYoga. See pics taken last March at http://tiny.cc/ws9a6

If you are considering a beachfront villa, I understand that work was to be undertaken on them during the Wet Season to convert the single, very large and expensive, units into two more affordable units. You may wish to check progress with the hotel through Sun, the Reservations Manager on rsvn@khaolakresort.com

Cronulla, New South...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

Ramada Resort right on Bang Niang Beach - on their own website has a special on the Deluxe Oasis Rooms which look really nice - the resort rates very highly on TA - when you go to their rates page put in your dates to check availability and you then reach the special rates (2290 baht). This is because they are adding a few new beachfront villas but from what I've read isn't affecting people staying there at all.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
4. Re: Khao Lak Resort ?? seems to be my best choice.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak