We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me find my ideal resort

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help me find my ideal resort

I would love to spend a couple of weeks in Khao Lak but I'm struggling to find a resort that ticks all my boxes.

Ideally my dream resort would have........

* Large grounds for walking around and finding some personal space and peace and quiet

* Large irregular shaped free ranging swimming pool/pools

* spacious accommodation with own balcony/veranda

* Outdoor shower and/or jacuzzi included in accomodation

* No/few kids!

* Within walking distance of local bars/restaurants

Cost isn't a factor as I'm willing to pay for the right place.

Any recommendations please?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

Sadly there is no resort in Khao Lak that will tick all those boxes. Thew "best fit" IMHO is Le Meridien on the beautiful Pak Weeb Beach. Although it is a family resort, families and kids have their own wing, pool and facilities but inevitably they will be in the other pools and on the beach too. It also has a large range of accommodation types.

Alternatively for a smaller boutique resort, the neighbouring Sarojin has a noi cildren under 15 policy but its grounds are not as extensive. Or the Paradise on Sunset Beach has great grounds down from the highway to the beach.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

We have just got back from 10 glorious days at the JW Marriott (still need to post our report!).

It has 3km of pool/lagoon meandering through the resort and many ground floor rooms have balconies which open directly onto the 'lazy river'.

Depending on what time of year you plan to travel, we found that during June/July the resort had plenty of space for the number of guests, although this is the low season. There are sun lounges on the beach front, there are sun lounges around the pool, there are sun lounges tucked into private little garden 'rooms' around the pool, which are well protected from other guests by trees and shrubs. There is also quite a large grassy area with space for games of volleyball, boule or just sitting at tables & chairs.

Obviously the resort also has a number of bars, restaurants, lounge, library and business areas.

The rooms are fabulous and also very spacious with a king sized bed (one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in), a day bed, desk and chair and 2 sun lounges and table on our swim up balcony.

Apparently you can walk into town along the beach depending on the tides - staff said it takes about 30 minutes. However the resort also offers a free shuttle bus/people mover which runs in and out of town quite a few times each afternoon-evening.

As Arandora mentioned, the Sarojin is the only resort with a no children policy, but again, possibly because it is low season, there were not many children at the JWM. It also has a wing around the children's pool, where most families are probably accommodated.

We can't recommend the JWM highly enough & would be happy to answer any more questions, otherwise check out their website.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll love Khao Lak.

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

Just like to thank the folk who have taken the time to contact me, either in this forum or by pm.

All the information/opinions provided are most welcome.

Probably be back with more questions soon

Thanks again

Tony

Christmas Island...
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

Try The Chongfah

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

The Chong Fah is a loverly small boutique resort but doesn't match the OP's requirements of "large grounds for walking around ...." or "large irregular free ranging sewimming pools...." but it is located directly on Bang Niang beachfront and within easy walking distance of local bars and restaurants.

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

Thanks Guy's :-)

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

Chong Fah is lovely, we stayed there last year and loved it - great pool, outdoor bathroom with jaccuzzi and easy walk to local eateries. Highly recommended.

8. Re: Please help me find my ideal resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2011, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak