We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 night honeymoon on the beach

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 night honeymoon on the beach

Help! We will be in Thailand for 3 weeks and want to spend 8 nights on the beach in January. I prefer to choose 1 or 2 hotels to make our home base and take day trips from there. Currently, my top runners are Khao Lak and Kho Phi Phi (very expensive). What about Railay beach? Is Khao Lak as amazing as it looks? Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Becky

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

Once you have been to Khao Lak....You will no longer be wondering why we keep on going back there...!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

It would be helful if you could indicate your price range and type of accommodation - hotel or bungalow resort - as Khao Lak has all kinds to suit all tastes at varying prices.

Have a look at

- this link for general information and accommodation http://www.khaolaklovers.com/

- this one for Top things to do in and around Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c109161/Kha…

- this one for recent beach scenes from Khao Lak's 25km+ of wonderful beaches tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

The favourite honeymoon resort is the Sarojin on beautiful Pak Weeb Beach but it is also the most expensive. The Le Meridien shares the samew beach and handful of beach restaurants. Then there is the J W Marriott on Khuk Khak Beach. Nearer to a town the Chong fah, La Flora and Ramada on Bang Niang Beach are very good resorts as is the Paradise on Sunset Beach near to the main town of Bang La On.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
3. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

Thanks. Since we are traveling for 3 weeks, we are going to try and get the most bang for our buck. I am thinking 4 nights in Khao Lak at $100-150 night and then travel to Kho Phi Phi or Railay for 4 nights.

The marriott looks amazing and within our range. Any other suggesions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Becky

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

The Le Meridien is on the best part of the best beach in Khao Lak. The Sarojin, further down Pak Weeb Beach may be beyond your budget but the new Kantyary Beach next door to it and due to open this November looks to be worth considering, especially if they have "opening offers" - see kantarycollection.com/kantarybeach-khaolak/i…

For resorts nearer to restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance look at the Ramda and La Flora in Bang Niang.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

Have a look at the orchid resort. we book directly with them and a deluxe room seems to be 2700B so well within your price range. it is a fantastic place.

6. Re: 8 night honeymoon on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2011, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak