We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

california
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

Hi,

we am looking at the following room options for our honeymoon during the new yr period 2010-2011 and are confused as to which one to choose.

- Ramada resort ocean front villa

- Ramada resort lanai (if ocean front becomes unavailable)

- Ramada resort oasis (if ocean front becomes unavailable)

- Mukdara jacuzzi villa (btw is this is the same as garden villa plus the jacuzzi?)

- Le Meridien pool/garden view deluxe. (Which one is better?)

Since it is our honeymoon, some privacy is important to us. Is Bang Niang too crowded during this time of the year?

At the same time we don't want to be prisoners who can go nowhere but the resort restaurants and resort grounds. Could this happen at the LM?

The thing that is very attractive about Ramada is the ocean front villa. The idea of waking up to that view is exhilarating.

Please help us evaluate the above options. I have already read a lot of review of the above on TA and looked at pics etc but still can't make up our minds.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,473 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

The Ramada Ocean front villas certainly have the best beachfront location and view and probably are the most private as they are located set back on the widest part of Bang Niang Beach and to the side of the rest of the resort. So the only passers by will be your neighbours. They are magical at sunset offering uninterrupted views from the patio as well as waking up to a deserted beach, near white sand and turquoise ocean.

The Lanai rooms are ground floor overlooking the grounds and pool area but no direct footfall in font of them.

Oasis rooms are the largest non-villa rooms and located back from the beach.

The Mukdara jacuzzi villas are essentially the same as the garden villas but near the beach. They do not have as uninterrupted ocean view as those at the Ramada and there have been comments that they are perhaps not as private because of the footpath in front bordering the beach.

The pool and garden view rooms are the cheapest, though far from basic rooms at the Le M. They are located at the rear of the resort overlooking Le Spa and its pool. The garden rooms do not have direct pool access and were when we stayed there a bit "buggy" and gloomy because of the prolific, albeit beautiful, gardens directly in front. The pool view rooms are on the next two floors, with the ones in the centre on the top floor facing, but with no direct view of, the ocean being the best.

Although there was high occupancy throughout Khao Lak last New Year, I would describe it as busy rather than crowded. Indeed, after spending a wonderful New Year at the party at the Chong Fah Resort on Bang Niang Beach and witnessing the "Firework Run" - an incredible display of fireworks seemingly synchronised by the resorts all along Kho Lak's beaches as far as you could see in both directions (fabulous view from the Ramada and the Mukdara) - on the countdown to 2010, we found it very quiet when we went in search of more liquid refreshment an hour into the new year.

If it was my honeymoon, I would go for the Ramada Ocean Front villa. You will also have a great choice of restaurants and bars, massage places and shops in all directions on or facing the beach and on the little roads leading up to the highway where there are even more and the very lively 3 times a week market.

We'll be back to enjoy seeing in 2011 with you wherever you decide on.

Good Luck and Congratulations in advance of the Happy Day!

Edited: 22 June 2010, 20:23
Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
california
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

Thank you so much Arandora for the detailed comments.

I have seen a few posts from you and others here that the Ramada is undergoing renovations. I guess this is going to be over by peak season though. I saw some rocky areas rather than a sand beach right next to Ramada towards Nang Thong. Is the new construction happening in this area? Is it likely that we might end up getting a villa which is in this area rather than on the beach?

The only reason to have LM in the list (apart from privacy) was because it is in Pakweeb which everyone here is saying is much much better than Bang Niang but I guess if there is no ocean view from the room, it is not that gr8 after all.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

Hi,

I have stayed many times at the LM in a pool view room my preference is top floor sea facing as Arandora has said the best sited rooms. The garden rooms sometimes get complaints as some people think they smell musty . It is a nice view of the Le Spa Pool which is always quiet at this area as it is an adult only pool.

For my last visit I gave the LM a miss for Bang Niang. Beachwise I prefered Pakweeb where the LM is as it is quiet and beautiful and no beach sellers. Bang Niang has a good share of beach sellers which at times can get annoying. However Bang Niang has a better choice of restaurants to walk to as you only have a handfull around the LM . You would not be hotel bound at the LM as in walking distance there is a choice of some very good beach restaurants and also the hotel shuttle.

The Ramada beachfront villa would be IMHO the nicest room choice as you can not get better than a sea and beach view.I am sure what ever you choose it will be a perfect honeymoon.

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

I am currently at the Ramada resort. I would have to say it is the resort that I would choose again on my reyurn to Khao lak.

The owner has told the guests that the renovations will be completed by November 2010.

The staff are perfect. I have never had such lovely service from the staff. <y two kids 6 & 8 have had a ball. They do not want to leave.

You will not be disappointed at all.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

avd08,

The rocks near the Ramada are about 300 metres south at the head of the creek that separates Bang Niang Beach from Nang Thong Beach. On either side of this creek which you can wade across or get the "ferry" (a little raft that you stand on while a local pulls you across for the princely sum of 10 baht) are some delightful restaurants and bars for lunch or dinner and massage places. There is even a very simple open air cinema behind one of the bars for a fun-filled evening, proceeds in aid of a local charity.

The new construction is to the south of the existing beach villas with some new ones being added. As posted by vwkombi the construction should be completed by November.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
california
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

OK. I am sold for the Ramada. Although staying there for four nights including the ny eve is stretching our budget a bit because of the gala dinner charge.

We are thinking of arriving on the 30th or 31st and spending upto the 31st night in a not so expensive place and then moving in to the Ramada ocean front villa on the 1st for 3 more nights.

Are there any cheaper places maybe a walking distance away from the beach that we can consider for spending the first 1 or 2 nights? I have been looking at beach front resorts only until now and have no clue on other places to stay.

Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

Hi,

Here are a few suggestions:

The Cousin Resort - about 10 mins away. Highly recommended but I would say that as we stay there. :-)

The FX Bangsak Beach Resort - about 10 mins.

THe Ayara Villas - about 15 mins.

La Flora - next door but more expensive than the others I've mentioned.

See my PM.

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bangsak Beach
Bangsak Beach
92 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
california
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

Thanks.. La Flora is much more expensive than we'd like. Also, I am not sure if La Flora has it but we are looking for something without the compulsory ny eve charges.

We will take a look at the others that you mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
9. Re: Mukdara vs Ramads vs LM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations