We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la flora with children

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
la flora with children

I like the look of la flora but it doesn't appear to have family rooms. Does anyone know if any of the deluxe rooms have interconnecting doors - inside the room not via a shared terrace or balcony. I have sent the hotel an email but not had an answer . Also, are the facilities and location a good choice for a family .

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: la flora with children

It is a very good location for families wiuth children being located on the widest and best part of Bang Niang Beach with plenty of restauarants, shops and bars within easy wealking distance in all directions.

As for facilities for a family the website says "The free-form pool is directly linked to the kids pool which features permanent lifeguard surveillance and latest rescue technology.

Thus parents, as well as all other guests, can relax at ease and enjoy the fantastic experience of underwater music, once they immerse into the waters of pool facilities unlike any others in Khao Lak. "

It doesn't mention comnnecting rooms though. There are cnot many hotels in Khao lak that do have them.

One that you may consider that does is tr=the Anaburi in Bang La on, although this locatyed between the highway and the beach with no direct access to the beach. See http://www.theandaburiresort.com/

Friends of ours with 3 children stayed there late last year and rated it very highly. Have a look at both resort reviews if you haven't done so already.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g297914-Khao_Lak-Hote…

UK
Level Contributor
996 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: la flora with children

Hi

Have a look at the villas, there are two at La Flora both with two bedrooms/ two bathrooms. We stayed in one earlier this year - fabulous.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
506 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: la flora with children

La Flora is perfectly OK for kids but I'd take the "permanent lifeguard surveillance and latest rescue technology" with a large pinch of salt. The free form pool is long and thin with many sheltered and private nooks and crannies so even if there was a permanent lifeguard there it would be impossible to see what was going on all the time. The kids pool is at one end and is aimed at toddlers, during our stay it seemed to work well for parents with toddlers staying in the two swim-up pool rooms at that end as they could watch from their terraces.

Not much use for others. It is quite small and does not have any lifeguard presence.

La Flora is perfectly fine for kids but I only write this in case anyone is influenced by what sounds like a good feature on their website, I think the description is quite misleading.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: la flora with children

Both the JW Marriot and Le Meridien have a kid's club with loads of things for the kids to do as well as babysitting services. I think either of these may be more ideal for a family than La Flora.

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: la flora with children

la flora did get back to me - they do have connecting rooms. I've booked the trip- now just have a long wait before I go!

Thanks for the replies

6. Re: la flora with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak