We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meridien Beach end of June

Toronto
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meridien Beach end of June

Hi,

I'm heading to LE Meridien end of June and wanted to know is it safe to go in the water for 10 minutes, not actually swim, but just cool off... I know they have plenty of pools, but I like the ocean, and was wondering if it would be dangerous this time of year (again, not swimming just go in a 5-10 minutes cool off etc..) is it lit up evening/night?

Does it get deep straight away?

Also, whats' my best bet to get my laundry done for not too expensive?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,478 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meridien Beach end of June

Possibly. But it is hard to give you an anwer. Some days the under current will be extremely strong, others not at all.

I am sure the LeM posts flags to notify guests of when it is dangerous and safe to enter the water. By it will be a day to day thing....Or ask them before you go in.

As for laundry, your best bet is taking it somewhere in Bang Niang or Bang La On. There are plenty of laundry places around.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,413 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meridien Beach end of June

There is a roped off area for swimming at Le M and flag posted and usually a lifeguard on duty warning of swimming conditions, which as KhaoLakYoga advises are variable because of the changing nature of the currents. Normally the ocean floor slopes quite gently with no sudden drops but you need to be careful that you can quickly be swept into deeper water and have to swim against the tide or cross currents getting back to shore.

There are places that do laundry on the highway outside the main entrance but given you take in one day and collect the next, it probably would be more practicable to take one day when going to Bang Niang (say for the Monday, Wednesday or Saturday market) and collect the next when returning there for dinner. Or also as suggested take to Bang La on and collect next day.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
3. Re: Meridien Beach end of June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak