We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Trekking

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Elephant Trekking

I have booked a surprise holiday for my husband and will be staying at The Flora and Spa Hotel in Khao Lak from 30th June for 10 nights. He loves elephants. Any suggestions for a good excursion?

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Trekking

Hi,

There are a few local sites in the khao lak area Sairung elephant Trek up past the Le Meriiden on the right and Asia Safari Park accross from the Merlin Hotel as you come into Khao Lak and Khao Lak elephant trekking with monkey and cobra show which is between Bang Niang and the Sarojin. I prefer Sairung or the Asia Safari Park also a good trek is at Khao Sok National Park with Khao Lak Land Discovery www.khaolaklanddiscovery.com

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Trekking

Thanks for your help. Had looked at the National Park as my husband is interested in anything like that!

Helsinki, Finland
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Trekking

Hello!

I just arrived from Khao Lak (last wednesday). I went to elephant trekking 6 times, so I know what is to love elephants! There is a small elephant trekking place called Khao Lak Eco Elephant Safari, which is located by the main road, about 500 metres from Khao Lak Merlin. The price is 900 Baht for one (one elephant for one person) or 700 Baht for one (one elephant for two person). I had every time one elephant. The price was 900 Baht for first and second time, 800 Baht for third and forth time and 700 Baht for fifth and sixth time. So the price is quite resonable and I believe the cheapest compared to other places. The trekking takes place in rain forest and you can also choose if you want to trek to the waterfalls.

I would NOT recommend the Asia safari. There is a mini zoo in Asia safari also, and the animals are in very small cages and look sad.

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Trekking

Thats a great help. Thanks

5. Re: Elephant Trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations