We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Hello All

Im considering The Sarojin for my honeymoon, it looks perfect but the I am unsure if we will be able to afford it? How much are drinks and meals there?

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

I can't tell you exact prices but I know that it is quite expensive. Probably not more than a good meal out back home. But for Thailand it is expensive.But you get what you pay for :)

Tthe resort has a regular shuttle to/from the main town so you could easily go elsewhere for food if you find eating there is beyond your budget.

The Sarojin is absolutley beautiful and a great choice for a Honeymoon. You will not be dissapointed.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 09:17
Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Hi,

As Khaolak Yoga says the Sarojin is a perfect place for that very special holiday. We had dinner there earlier this year and while waiting in Reception we had a look through the Guest book which was filled with rave reviews by previous guests, lots of them honeymooners. We also had a tour of the resort to see, or her rather, whether the construction of the new resort next door, now nearing completion, was obtrusive. It wasn't. We were shown one of the upper floor suites that was set up for a honeymoon couple about to arrive. It was beautiful - very special indeed.

As for the menu, I can't recall the exact prices but yes, it is more expensive than local restaurants but so are those in other 5* resorts. What I do remember is that complimentary mineral water is served and they have the largest selection of wine by the glass in KL, starting at bout 240 baht I think. However, at the beachside restaurant there are cheaper options and, depending when you are thinking of going, you can always turn right on the beach onto the stretch of Pak Weeb Beach known as White Sand Beach where there are 3 very good local restaurants serving local Thai cuisine and drinks at local Thai prices. Turn left from the Sarojin and about 300 metres you have one of our favourites and one of the best beach restaurants in Khao Lak, the Boatyard (take your own wine from a local supermarket) . All these restaurants are great for lunch but particularly for dinner after the day trippers have gone and you can enjoy a great and romantic dinner while enjoying a fabulous sunset. Also you can, of course, catch the Sarojin's complimentary shuttle into Bang Niang and Bang La On, Khao Lak's main townships about 10 - 15 mins. away, for an even greater choice of restaurants, bars and shops.

If you Email the resort they will send you a copy of their menu and will also arrange something special for you, like dinner on the beach or even "under" a nearby waterfall.

Look here for some pics of Pak Weeb Beach and various places on it, including the Sarojin, taking between December last year and April this picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/PakWeeb…

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,182 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Hi,

I have only eaten here once in 2009 the food was exquisite 3 courses with drinks for 2 was around £65 GBP at that time. In any hotel you will pay more than eating outside. If traveling in the high season you will have access to the outside beach restaurants in the area and as already mentioned the hotel does operate a free shuttle which is 6 times per day which will give you access to the restaurants in Bang Niang and Bang La On. It is a fantastic choice for a honeymoon hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

We just arrived home yesterday from our Thai hol which included 6 nights in a Sarojin suite. The hotel is really lovely - unobtrusive excellent service.I have been to Thailand 10 times and have to say the Sarojin is really one of the best.

I was also worried about cost. Try and get breakfast included - it is one of the best you will get. A la carte and encouraged to order as many courses as you want, alongside your sparkling wine and freshly squeezed juices. My best was rice crispies and banana, fruit platter, wholewheat french toast with maple syrup, 2 boiled eggs and toast, and a cheese platter with dried fruits, nuts and home made biscuits ( yes I love my food!) I won't even start to tell you what my partner had - and he's the full Irish breakfast type!

We really didn't eat again until dinner each day - although there is complimentary fruit, home made potato and vegetable crisps and rolls and butter in the room if you get peckish!

In the hotel we had a delicious dinner - starters and main course and a bottle of wine (which is expensive in Thailand) We were also given a "bon mouche" (sort of pre starter) and sorbet between courses. Came to about £70 for both of us and we had scallops and king prawn starters. Was really yummy.

The other nights we ate in town. The evening shuttle goes down at 18.00 or 20.00 and returns at 20.30 or 22.30. Khao Lak was very quiet - low season plus effects of unrest so a lot of places were closed ( and all beach restaurants near Sarojin closed) We tended to go down at 18.00 and return at 20.30. Meals in town were cheap - best value we had was at Khao Lak seafood - 450 baht for 3 large beers and papaya salad and 2 absolutely scrummy hot hot hot curries with rice. Other places were slightly more expensive but obviously still good value.

If I was to go back I would probably eat more at the hotel - although dearer than town it was good value for money. We did have room service too - which lots of people seemed to do and you could get a club sandwich or burger for about 450 baht each - but well presented with salad, fries, sauces, rolls etc.

We didn't use the mini bar but shopped for beers, the odd bottle of wine etc in town and kept our fridge well stocked. The hotel provides loads of bottles of water (free) - they say 4 a day but in practice it was also replaced at turndown too so there was loads. Also tea and coffee - a coffee machine and cafetiere and milk, so if you buy a few biccies it is nice to have a cup of coffee in the afternoon.

At the pool you will be topped up with iced water all day - and a lovely fresh juice or fruit smoothie in the morning and fresh fruit in the afternoon! Nice touch - and iced face towels infused with lemongrass or peppermint.

Once a week there is an owner's cocktail party which is very well done and a lovely opportunity to meet the owners and guests. We enjoyed the drnks and canapes and the chat with Andrew (owner) and fellow guests.

Wee didn't do the trips as we have seen most of the things to see on previous trips, but anyone we spoke to said that, although expensive that they were superlative.

All in all - highly recommended. You will be able to balance your budget by eating in town, and you won't find hotel prices for food prohibitive.

I haven't got round to doing the review yet but will do so soon.

The free wifi is also a big bonus if you take your laptop (but you will be on honeymoon so maybe not) There was no mobile phone signal in any of the places we stayed in Thailand so we really valued the laptop for keeping in touch with elderly parents and teenage daughter.

Book and dvd library also much appreciated and gym is great. I don't do gyms at home but used every day when away.

You will enjoy - I hope you go and have a wonderful honeymoon. Happy to answer any questions - send a message if you want any more info

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Thanks Highfly

Thats really useful information. I have to say the Sarojin looks lovely, its my favourite by a mile. I may wait and see if the price come down as there is a £1000 price difference between this years price and next year for exactly the same holiday.

Now you have given me this information it does not look as expensive as first thought!

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Does your price include air fares? If so, they have increased from last year but £1000 presumably for 2 is a big difference! Are you looking at a package? or booking flights ans d accommodation seperately?

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

I was looking at complete packages by Kuoni - and comparing prices just using their company. Its a massive difference is' nt it?

I ve not looked into to doing it separately, do you think that would work out cheaper?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Yes, I think it wopuld work out cheaper. Conact the Sarojin for their best rates for honeymmon special and have a look at NetFlights.com for flights. We've booked with TheTravellerUK with Emirates - see http://www.thetravelleruk.com/index.php and free phone 0800 091 1513. They were cheaper for same flights.

Are you planning on somewhere else too e.g. Bangkok? They will help with hotels too. We fly into Kuala Lumpur which we prefer to Bangkok.

My fellow DE Jenson recommends Desinology. This is from a recent reply by her

"Contact Gillian Crook at Destinology 0800 505 3561

They can usualy put a package together of your chosen hotels as they have done this for me in the past with flights. It may take them a couple of days to price as they use their contacts on the ground in thailand."

Come back if you need more help.

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Donaghadee, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

Gosh £1000 is a lot - and I was thinking of going back next year!

We usually do far east with Kuoni but this year the best deal I got by far was with Trailfinders. Also there was an offer for the Sarojin as it was low season there was a free night for each paid night so we got 6 for the price of 3.

Usually I would do flights and sort out hotels myself but for the far east a package is usually cheaper. Plus this year with unrest in Thailand etc we would have been snookered if we had done it ourselves - at the stage we thought that we wouldn't be able to go to Thailand, Trailfinders assured us that they would organise another holiday for us or refund money, whilst if we had booked the flights and hotels ourselves we would only have got flights back if we were lucky.

We also talked to the Sarojin owner about rates and he confirmed that their rates remain the same either booking direct or through agents.

Hope it works out for you.

Sue

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
10. Re: Sarojin - a rough guide to meal and drinks prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 10:47