We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

Can't decide which one...can anyone help with info please?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

Chong Fah is a smaller boutique style resort. Ramada is much bigger. So depends which more suits your style.

I personally prefer the smaller places (like Chong Fah).

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

Hi,

You will not go wrong with either of your choices both are excellent which ever you choose. My favourite out of the two as i favour the smaller boutique is the Chong Fah which is beautiful and the service is more personal. A friend of mine last year stayed at both as the Chong Fah was full on the last night so for that night they went to the Ramada and the favourite for them was the Chong Fah .

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

The Chong Fah is an extremely popular and, in my view, deservedly so liittle resort with wonderful beacgh front location. The bech front bungalows in particular are lovely. All guestts have loungers on the grass outside the bungalows directly overlooking the beach and ocean. Although not staying there wew stay nearby but go their for their BOGOF cocktails at sunset - fabulous! Melas are good there too and we really enjoyed their New Year's Eve Gala Buffet. Staff are extremely friendly and efficient.

The Ramada is about 300 metres furthjer away on a wider stretch of Bang Niang Beach with some great local restaurants, bars and massage places nearby and across the creek onto Nang Thong Beach. WE had a good look around for a friuend and wetre impressed with the standard of funiture and furnishings, pseudo Japanese I think the staff said it was. The upper fllor sea facing rooms had best view. Lanai rooms are on the ground floor with a large furnished lanai instead of balcony. The Spa was particularly impressive. Be aware that there are building works currently startyed due to complete by October with the provision of new units behind the Spa wing. It laso has great dining facilities too.

Pics taken at the time at www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=26335443

Both are great choices.

Pics of Bang Niang Beach at picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/BangNiangBeach…

and picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/BangNiang…

New Zealand
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

Thanks for your info and sharing your fantastic photos...they both sound good but dont like the sound of construction going on so have decided on the Chongfah...thanks again -

New Zealand
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

Well, update!!!! - The Ramada has got really good deals with half price meals due to the construction. The Chongfah is charging nearly double to what they quoted with their early bird promotion of 30% discount and get 1 night free (booking 60 days in advance) and is saying that the special has ended although its still being advertised on their website so guess Ramada it will be.

6. Re: Chongfah Beach Resort or Ramada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak