We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at either of these 2 places?

Any info greatly recieved .... Thanks Lisa xx

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

I have not stayed at either but have some information about them as far as loctaion.....

Cousin Resort is located in Bang Niang. Bang Niang is one of the main "towns" in the area, so it is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. But the beach itself is nothing spectacular.

Pakarang Villa's is in Pakarang. It is a bit further out. You would have to hire a scooter or take a taxi to/from Bang Niang or Bang La On if you wanted more variety of restaurants and shops. But the beach itself is stunning. Also, it is quieter than Bang Niang.

So it depends what you prefer. If you want more access to shops, etc than Cousin is better. If you want a more quiet beautiful beach, than go for Pakarang Villas.

Hope this helps a bit.

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

We are regulars at the Cousin Resort, spending December to April there away from UK Winter (a very good decision this last Winter!!!) The resort comprises about 20 bungalows,all with air-con, well furnished and equipped with lovely gardens, pool with jacuzzi, restaurant and bar. It is set two quiet roads back from the beach, which is a 5 minute walk away. Plenty of restaurants and bars both on, overlooking and near the beach upto the highway. In my view the better variety of restaurants is now in Bang Niang with a greater choice of Thai, particularly Northern Thai, cuisine.

Pics of the Cousin here picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/Cousin… and Bang Niang Beach here picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/BangNiang…

Pakarang Villas is a similar kind of bungalow resort with its own pool in a very quiet position with just a few restaurants down near the beach, probably a 10 - 15 minute walk away.

Pics of Pakarang Beach here picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/Pakarang…

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Hi Lisa,

I also stayed at the Cousin Resort and was very happy there. Previous years I have stayed at the 5 star Le Meridien and was ready for a change. Just to add to Arandora's comments I found at the Cousin I had the best of both worlds easy access to all of the great restaurants in and around this area lovely beach and still in a quiet location. The Cousin I fouind to be very comfortable, best beds I have ever slept in really comfy and slept like a log. Staff are lovely and they also do a great breakfast. Free wifi as well. No TV but who needs it unless you are a long stay. Pool was lovely just a nice size in fact the place is perfect. Some of my pics

www.photobox.co.uk/album/368223266

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,468 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Hi haxby,

We stayed at Cousin Resort for only 1 night in January. There are some reviews on TA also. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Great stuff!

Thankyou some really good info there xxx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

Hi Haxby,

For Pakarang Villas...It depends what time of the year you would like to stay there...!!??...

We stayed @ the Palm Galleria closer to the beach,which is about 3-5 minutes drive from Pakarang Villas....

We rode past Pakarang Villas almost every day for the 18 days we stayed @ PG....and noticed that PV was so so quiet...In fact we thought that PV looked to be closed...!!??..Definitely no one was staying there.....In fact,the place was void of life...??...

It would be a good idea to contact PV to see if they are open if you are still considering staying there...

One good thing is...the small local country style restaurants across the road were open....if you need a cheap feed....

Mentioned in this post
Palm Galleria Resort
Palm Galleria Resort
177 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
7. Re: Cousin Resort/Pakarang Villa,s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2010, 10:47