We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in july

melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
accommodation in july

My partner and I will be in Khao Lak for 2 weeks from about July 10. Given that it will be the low season, would we need to book a hotel in advance, or take our chances and just turn up ?

I'd really like to stay at Chong Fah, but the price they have quoted seems a bit excessive at 3500 baht for the cheapest rooms..... they do have a promotion which gives 30% off, but this requires prepayment of the full amount (31500 baht) directly into the managing director's bank account. I've never heard of having to do this before...has anyone else had this experience?

Any other hotel suggestions would be gratefully accepted! We have previously stayed at the Sarojin and the Paradise- both stunning hotels but both a bit too expensive and too far away from the action for a 2 week stay during low season.

We'd prefer to stay at Bang Niang, beachfront and with a pool a must. Looking forward to advice from the experts - cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,858 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
#4 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation in july

Hi joroo,

We stayed at the Nangthong Beach Resort (Bang La On) July last year and would throughly recommend this resort. Medium sized resort with good sized pool and located on the beach. Very quiet last year and I would suggest you could walk in and get a room, you may need to pre-book if you want a beachside bungalow. We have pre booked a room for 2 weeks in August this year. Only a 5 min walk into Bang La On with a good selection of restaurants open.

Check out Asia Web Direct www.khaolak-hotels.com for Chong Fah rates, you will find them competative for the time of year you are planning. We are thinking of staying here for a couple of nights before the Nangthong.

regards, tanmar

melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation in july

Thanks Tamar, just checked the website you recommended and it certainly gives a much better price!

melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation in july

Whoops, sorry for the typo, tanmar!

Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation in july

No worries. Strongly considering this ourselves from around the 29th July. We really enjoyed our low season holiday last year and thought we might stay in the Bang Niang area for a while to compare to Bang La On.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation in july

Joroo,

Don't be concerned about paying into the Managing Director's BanK Account, this will be a business account not her personal one. It's quite common with independent resorts.

NTBR as recommended by tanmar is an excellent and cheaper alternative. However, in terms of location, Bang Niang tends to be a bit livelier in the Wet Season as more of the restaurants and bars stay open for locals as well as visitors.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation in july

Hi Joroo,

Some of my hotel bookings in the past at the time of booking direct with the hotelier I was asked for 50% deposit to secure the reservation. There are also a few hotel booking sites that ask for full payment as well.

Julie

London
Level Contributor
395 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation in july

We paid 1790 baht per room per night at the Chong Fah last July. We booked through AsiaWeb about 2 weeks before our stay, and were required to pay in full in advance.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay there - it is a really lovely hotel in an unbeatable location.

8. Re: accommodation in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 11:52
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations