We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Coffs Harbour
Level Contributor
267 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Can I have some feedback on my accommodation choices please. I've booked the Chongfah hotel for 4 days in October. All reviews and info on this hotel is impressive and we have booked a beach front villa.

The second half of our stay we are considering the Laguna Resort. Sawadee are advertising a price of 2050 bht per night for the Ocean twin Pearl Villa, thats extremely good value. I would like to find out if this is a good location, ie: beach, proximity to town, restaurants, bars etc. Is the hotel tacky? its difficult to tell from the websites.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Chongfah Beach Resort
Chongfah Beach Resort
606 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Chong Fah is a good choice. It is a smaller resort and quite beautiful. Chong Fah is in Bang Niang.

I have never been inside Laguna. It is in Bang La On. Therefore many bars and restaurants within walking distance (about 10 min).

Maybe someone else can give you some more details.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

The Laguna is one of the more recent post Tsunami additionsto Khao Lak and is a much larger resort than the Chong Fah, spreading down from the highway where it comes over the mountain at the entrance to Bang La On to the very end of Nang Thong Beach where it crosses over around some rocks to Sunset Beach. Both resorts your accommodation will be elevated over the beach with loungers on grassed areas. The better reviews of the Laguna have been of the beachfront villas. Go out of the main entrance on the highway and there are restaurants directly across the road (the Golden Elephant is very good and Walkers Inn if you want a good old fashioned English breakfast with proper back bacon!) and to your left you are a short stroll away from the main dining/shopping area.

You will see some photos of the beach frontage and villas at the Laguna at pics 48 - 59 among ones of Nang Thong Beach taken earlier this year Laguna here picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/NangThong…

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Sunset Beach Resort
Sunset Beach Resort
1,139 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Golden Beach Resort
Golden Beach Resort
1,007 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
576 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Hi to All,

Am I blind. I cant find any reviews for the Chong Fah on TA Khao Lak.

Re thinking our holiday for August and thought we might stay some where up market in KL for a few nights.

Regards, tanmar

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
4. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 15:57
5. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 15:57
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Hi tanmar,

No you are not blind. The Chong Fah is shown as a B&B not a hotel. I've notified TA about this and other anomolies and asked them to move them accordngly. There are more equally confusing ones too.

Edited: 10 May 2010, 18:54
Perth
Level Contributor
576 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

Thanks Arandora. It pays to click a few tabs on the site and all is revealled.

Now we have some fantastic reviews to look at.

tanmar

8. Re: Splitting accommodation - Chongfah and Laguna Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 10:46