We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

I just want to find out if anyone else is having the same trouble as me. I am planning a family holiday at the end of January 2011 and have tried the Baan Khao Lak, Naing Thong Beach Resort and Chong Fah and they are all booked out!!! It is so disappointing when you spend hours researching where you want to stay only to be told they have no rooms available (direct with hotels) Can this be possible or would the hotels be holding back their rooms until closer to the time????

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

Unlikely to be fully booked, more likely they are not releasing rooms until a little later,

tasmania
Level Contributor
400 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

I work in hotels and they will have a certain number on hold for airlines and different booking agencies that they contract with. You would find if you asked your travel agent they would be able to sell them to you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
209 reviews
3. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

I have previously responded to pop up advertisments from various sites,just to get an idea of prices for last three weeks of Feb 2011----and in almost every case they claimed to be fully booked---one site even gave the time and date that the last room went.

Seems strange that they advertise rooms they no longer have.

I still managed to get our first choice hotel in Phuket and Koh Samui though.

Perth
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

As dragonc said, they're more likely to not have released rooms yet. It was the same when I was researching car hire, I could not book past a certain date, but it still kept coming up as unavailable.

It's a bit annoying as I like to be organised so I just had to keep myself occupied and wait a bit longer to try again later.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

In the case of the Nang Thong Bay Resort and the Chong Fah, it could well be that they are fully booked as they are two of the most popular resorts with a high proportion of return visitors who rebook when they are there or shortly after their return. They also book most of their guests directly too and do not have rooms out on allocation to web agents. Certainly the Chong Fah was fully booked very early on from mid-December 2009 to March 2010 when on a couple of occasions we went in whilst staying nearby to check on accommodation for TA Members trying to make a booking.

Despite being very quiet in early December and March to mid-April when we left a large number of resorts enjoyed full or nearly full capacity especially in January and February.

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

Thanks for everyones replies. I will wait another month or so and then give it a try. I too like to be very organised and book in advance to ensure we get the hotel we want. If I can't get in there I guess I will have to re-look at my options........so many decisions!!!!

Level Contributor
2,401 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

We have already booked for the first two weeks in Feb 2011 direct with hotel and the Manager told me as it is a smallish hotel the rooms go very quickly and on a first come first serve basis, I have always booked direct with hotels and if they say they are fully booked I would assume they are because business cannot be that great for them at the moment and I would say they would take any bookings they can if rooms available. Good luck but I wouldnt wait too long to find somewhere if you are going at a popular time.

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

I am getting the feeling it is because we only want 3 nights. I am assuming they are waiting to fill up with weekly or fortnightly bookings and then will fill any little bits later. Not sure, but when I queried with one hotel if we should check back later, they said yes.

Thanks for the reply.

9. Re: Am I going crazy? Rooms already fully booked for Jan 2011!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak