We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Hi. I have read and re-read nearly every review on trip advisor and still can't decide where to stay. We are travelling for 3 nights at the end of Jan 2011. There will be me, my husband and 3 kids (5, 8 & 10) and then their grandparents. Looking at low rise accom. Prefer beach front or nice views of ocean. Good pool. Close to restaurants and a few shops etc. Not sure what part of Khao Lak, just so long as it fits the above description. Not entirely sure of budget but approx $250 per night for us and the kids and $200 for the grandparents. Would prefer interconnecting room for kids (included in this budget) or a 2 bed style bungalow.

I had my heart set on the Baan Khaolak in their cottages which were great price and looked really nice, but have emailed them direct and they are apparently fully booked (unless we want their beach front bungalows which are way out of our price range)....I do find it hard to believe they would be booked this far in advance so now starting to panic!!!! Am also liking the look of Chong Fah but not sure if this is a bit upmarket for us with kids???

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Hi,

Have a look at Ayara Villas http://www.ayara-villas.com/ they have family accommadation this is in Bang Niang. Also I have just stayed at the Cousin Resort Bang Niang which has family accommadation 2 bedroomed and a family of 2+ 3 children were there at the same time as me. One road back from the beach smallish but nice pool , family friendly close to shops/ restaurants but in a quiet area. www.cousinresort.com

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cousin Resort
Cousin Resort
82 Reviews
Khuk Khak, Thailand
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
506 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Just returned from Khao Lak, stayed at La Flora. Nice resort but I would go for Chong Fah if I visited again. I'm sure it would be no probs with your kids, it's not achingly stylish, just nice.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Hi,

The Chong Fah resort in Bang Niang is boutique and beach front and nicely placed with just a short walk to the many restaurants. It also has its own very nice restaurant within a short walk. The rooms and bungalows are beautiful and it does cater to families.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Thanks for the replies. I did have a look at that one but was'n't sure of its location as to restaurants. Will take another look.

Thanks

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

Thanks for that. I have emailed Chong Fah as it does look nice but just waiting to see how many per room and costs.

Thanks for the help.

6. Re: family of 5 accommodation wanted "help!"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 09:46