We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to snorkel?

Singapore
7 posts
Save Topic
Anywhere to snorkel?

Hi all,

i am reaching Khao Lak on 6th of May. we were looking forward to going to similans and surin until we were told that this year, the authorities decided to close it on 1st of may instead of the usal Mid May. is this confirmed? we are quite sad because we heard so much about these 2 places.

therefore we are looking at alternatives locations to snorkel. anybody know whether any tour agencies offering snorkelling tours to places near khao lak?

any replies would be appreciated. thank you.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere to snorkel?

Hi,

Khao Lak is not known for its great snorkeling as it has no house reefs. At this time of the year the seas can get rough and any trip would be weather dependant. The best snorkeling is Surin and Similan you may get trips still going but it would be snorkelling from the boat. The boat skippers have access to modern equipment and are in touch with the weather conditions as it can be quite rough in open sea. I noticed the change in sea conditions at the end of March and had quite a few bumpy sea trips then.

Here is a link to a report for snorkelling closer to Khao Lak this again weather dependant on sea conditions

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k25…

Julie

2. Re: Anywhere to snorkel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak